Drill Camp, Parade, and Birthday Dinner

Just got back from camp weekend stuffs.

1. I got switched from trumpet to mello as the show was written for 4. Oh well.

2. I had my first parade evar. It was fun.

3. We learned the entire opener drill. I got thrown into the fire again (oh, the irony!) as I had never seen a "dot sheet" before. But thankfully I am marching right up on the front sideline next to the number 1 and 2 trumpets the whole show! :doh: Kidding, they are actually very nice and helpful. I just am rather nervous that they have me, who has never marched a show in his life, front and center for a good 2/3. :)

4. The birthday dinner! Ahhh! The Alumni Corps played Music of the Night and If You Believe. :doh::doh::worthy: We played our Opener. The A Corps also played a few movements from their show and of course, Send in the Clowns, bringing the audience to their feet. We had spaghetti, cake, raffles, all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, did I mention that the MC was Brandt Crocker? And yes, he did announce the SANTA CLARA VANGUARRRRRD taking the field in exhibition :)

And of course, a perfect weekend ends with bad news.

"Brad, after going to the parent meeting, I dunno if we want you to do this...You'll be like...staying at some random person's house for part of the summer...etc etc."

<**> :( So now, I get to convince my parents that they DO want to let me to do this. Ugh, wish me luck.

Edited by OboeBrad

good luck and see yah out on the field this summer!!!

good luck and see yah out on the field this summer!!!

Heh...I hope so...

"Brad, after going to the parent meeting, I dunno if we want you to do this...You'll be like...staying at some random person's house for part of the summer...etc etc."

thumbdown.gif sad.gif So now, I get to convince my parents that they DO want to let me to do this. Ugh, wish me luck.

thumbdown.gif sad.gif So now, I get to convince my parents that they DO want to let me to do this. Ugh, wish me luck.

Brad, make sure they realize that this is not just some random person's house. This person has a love of drum corps, and is probably either an SCV alum, or a parent of an SCV member. That means they're family! You will come to realize that you can trust these people to the ends of the earth.

If you're going to be living with another member, you can tell your parents you're going to be living with them and another 90-100 random people all summer long anyway. Besides, I think I'd rather be at a house than a gym for up to 2-3 weeks for all days. Just a thought.

I think her main worry is that I'll end up with some bad circumstance, some of her examples included "a sibling on drugs, or a volatile relationship" and stuff like that...She was in tears...

I dont know if I can bring myself to convince her to let me if she feels that strongly about it...I'm not sure how to procede. She's gonna call our Vanguard alumni family friend and probably Jeff Pearson this week and talk to them about it...

Wish me luck...