Wet Socks In The Gym

I never wore sandals in the shower and I never had any sort of fungus on my feet. I think that's highly overrated. My feet are exceptionally nice looking to this day. I did have a rather nasty case of acne on my hindparts though... too much sitting on the bus I guess :(

I never really wore sandals for the protection of my feet. Rather, I wore them to have that feeling of my feet finally being free from my shoes and socks.

As for socks...that's one thing I always have PLENTY of. I'm frugal on most other things, but I usually bring one pair of socks for every three days, so that's like 30 pairs. I can't stand wearing dirty, crusty old socks. There's nothing like getting a new pair of socks on before a long day of rehearsal.

If they get wet, then I usually don't bother keeping them. Considering the low amount it usually rains during the summer in the southern and western states, I usually don't end up losing many pairs. This past sumemr I threw away maybe 3 pairs of socks due to wetness.

What about when they're soaked through with sweat and dew? That's what happened most of the days with me. Tip for the rookies out there, make sure you never have to repeat a sock wearing between laundry days. Take extra!

I did have a rather nasty case of acne on my hindparts though... too much sitting on the bus I guess sad.gif

Umm... Thanks for...sharing?

What about when they're soaked through with sweat and dew? That's what happened most of the days with me. Tip for the rookies out there, make sure you never have to repeat a sock wearing between laundry days. Take extra!

Umm... Thanks for...sharing?

What you never did the wash your socks in the sink at the school you were staying at and let them dry while your rehearsing ?

What you never did the wash your socks in the sink at the school you were staying at and let them dry while your rehearsing ?

Actually, no. People would wash their under armour, if that's what they chose to wear, but no socks.

One of drum corps dirty secrets is the smell of wet socks drying out in the gym.

May you have a dry tour.

Mom

Wow.

I haven't been on tour in 14 years, yet the smell of rain-soaked sweaty clothing in a gym just came back... HARD!

Gross..... yet a nostalgic good kind of gross. :wub:

Edited by Fievel

The weat socks bothered you? I always thought the pile of nasty shoes by the door was the most obvious smell - downright offensive. Esspecially if you had one of those swampy fields in the deep south.