Jolesch!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got our group picture from the Tampa Power Regional, and they are HORRIBLE. My kids look like they are glowing, and the uniforms are not at all the right colors. Someone has been playing with photoshop WAY too much!!

Grrrr.......I miss the Bateman days!!!

Last year WGI used Happel Photography. Not only were the photos up almost instantly, they were great. They let you "build" posters and order various sizes of photos - including 4 x 6 and wallets. We had fun with them.

Last year in 3 regionals, prelims and finales Happel took 1 picture of my daughter and it was really bad. They were the worst of all the photography companies of all the years we have been involved in guard. That is bad because I have had the same problem in the past but not to the extent of Happel. While they did have some fun options they are useless if they don't take your picture.

This Year Jolesch has been great they have taken at least 20 shots of my daughter and most have been really good pictures.

The pics. from Nashville were already up when this post was started.

Since working with a photographer at local champiomships. I learned a few things about this business. Most of them are freelance and contract with the main company. While everything is done digital they can't post untill the photographer sends them the pics. So maybe it took so long because of this photographer.

I will agree the photographer in Tampa had some problems with the light. some of the photos are "glowing" and some are dark. I heard the preformers complaining about the lights so maybe that was the issue their.

Edited by guardjul123

Last year WGI used Happel Photography. Not only were the photos up almost instantly, they were great. They let you "build" posters and order various sizes of photos - including 4 x 6 and wallets. We had fun with them.

I paid for pictures with Happel last year, as well as a cd of all of the images taken of my kids in Dayton. The cd arrived, but EVERY SINGLE picture is blurry. I never received the other pictures I paid for and cannot get anyone at all to return a phone call or email after many, many tries. Not to mention that they didn't show up for the Atlanta regional at all, or for Nashville prelims. We also never received the group photo we ordered for the guard at world championships. We had to just write it off to a learning experience, realizing that Happel probably feels like since they are no longer affiliated with WGI, they can putting it all behind them.

We are very pleased with the action shots from Jolesch, but the group photos are just SO bad that if we can't have it reprinted with better color, it will probably go in the trash. Thank goodness our circuit hired Bateman for circuit championships! We got WONDERFUL action shots, the group pics are terrific, and they had photo collage posters of each group for sale at circuit championships. You can also order your own collage with pictures you choose. I really hope that WGI will at least consider going back to using Bateman when the contract comes up again. :)

I paid for pictures with Happel last year, as well as a cd of all of the images taken of my kids in Dayton. The cd arrived, but EVERY SINGLE picture is blurry. I never received the other pictures I paid for and cannot get anyone at all to return a phone call or email after many, many tries. Not to mention that they didn't show up for the Atlanta regional at all, or for Nashville prelims. We also never received the group photo we ordered for the guard at world championships. We had to just write it off to a learning experience, realizing that Happel probably feels like since they are no longer affiliated with WGI, they can putting it all behind them.

We are very pleased with the action shots from Jolesch, but the group photos are just SO bad that if we can't have it reprinted with better color, it will probably go in the trash. Thank goodness our circuit hired Bateman for circuit championships! We got WONDERFUL action shots, the group pics are terrific, and they had photo collage posters of each group for sale at circuit championships. You can also order your own collage with pictures you choose. I really hope that WGI will at least consider going back to Bateman in the future when the contract comes up again. :)

I HEARD FROM A PHOTOGRAPHER WHO CONTRACTED FOR BATEMAN THAT IT IS TO COSTLY FOR BATEMAN TO DO WGI. AND THAT THEY CHOSE NOT TO RESIGN WITH WGI NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. THATS JUST WHAT I HEARD THOUGH.

I HEARD FROM A PHOTOGRAPHER WHO CONTRACTED FOR BATEMAN THAT IT IS TO COSTLY FOR BATEMAN TO DO WGI. AND THAT THEY CHOSE NOT TO RESIGN WITH WGI NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. THATS JUST WHAT I HEARD THOUGH.

Psss....take off the caps lock button.....you;re screaming.

Jolesch sucked at DCA prelims, also...SoCal Dream was first on....in a freaking TORRENTIAL downpour courtesy of the former Hurricane Eduardo...and would you believe the photog insisted our contras stand on top of wet, unstable METAL stands? Our guys said NO ####### way.

I haven't seen a good set of shots out of Jolesch...ever....sure, you get great individual shots...but group action? Hell no....

There are any number of private photogs who do a MUCH better job than Jolesch