Cadets Bid Farewell to a Beloved Family Member

Friday, April 6, 2007

By: Charity Musielak

Remembering Greg Faydock

Greg Faydock served as the Food Manager for the Cadets from 1996 though 2003. Throughout this time, he became a friend to many and brought life and music to the meals of the Cadets! During his time on the road, Greg quickly became known as the spirit and personality of the Cadets – hosting parties for numerous corps after shows, throwing holiday parties to cheer the members, mixing things up to keep the variety, not to mention the simplest acts of kindness like knowing ALL members of the corps by name! Greg quickly became a part of the Cadets family and stayed for an 8-year stint, leaving his mark forever.

On the evening of Wednesday, April 4, Greg passed away after a hard fight against cancer. Greg will be forever in the hearts of many Cadets and other drum corps fans who came to know him through his great work. For all that Greg graced us with and all that he gave to the world of drum corps, we thank him.

That's the hardest part about Drum Corps......losing one of your own. :(

i'll never forget the "thanksgiving" dinner he arranged for us in 1998. we came in after a gargantuan rehearsal day and he and the other volunteers had the school cafeteria decked out in full thanksgiving decoration, complete with turkeys and cranberries and cider.

what a great day.

miss ya, greg.

i'll never forget the "thanksgiving" dinner he arranged for us in 1998. we came in after a gargantuan rehearsal day and he and the other volunteers had the school cafeteria decked out in full thanksgiving decoration, complete with turkeys and cranberries and cider.

what a great day.

miss ya, greg.

I too remember that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Everything was perfect, the room colors, the decorations, candles on the tables and the wonderful meal, turkey, dressing and all the trimmings. It was so surreal in the middle of summer, almost Norman Rockwell like.

I also remember (I think it was 98, maybe 99). The Christmas dinner he did in either North or South Carolina. All the volunteers made Christmas cards to give to each member, the food truck decorated in Xmas lights and Greg greeting the members at dinner in a Santa Claus suit! Such great memories, such great times! He alway's made meals special and truely cared for each and every member and volunteer. He knew every members name and when he felt they were not eating enough of the good things (veggies, salads), he would always give them a gentle reminder. Greg took care of the drivers and volunteers like no one else, always making sure, because of the different sleep times, that the drivers had food when they awoke and the suvey folks had dinners to go when leaving for the stadium.

I remember many nights laughing till my stomach hurt, relaxing in the late hours telling old drum corps stories.

Greg was always a stickler for details, meals were always on time, tasty and presentation was key. Such a great guy! You will be sorely missed my friend, rest in peace.

Patty

cancer is a terrible thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones, and all of the people that knew him, and loved him.

~>conner

He is a FABULOUS guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya

My wife and I worked with Greg on the food truck many times. He was a really fun person and a great cook. One of our fondest memories was the time he took our kids, who were very young at the time, to the Antique Caroussel in Burlington, CO during a practice day. The kids talked about that day for a long time after that.

God bless, Greg. You will be in our memories forever.

The Bordens