Scoring for Captions - (Tournament Scoring?)

In the late 90's/early 00's, I seem to remember scoring for captions being averaged over quaterfinals, semis, and finals. I didn't pay too much attention to it at the time. Did it only last one year? I'm curious what reactions were at the time, and why it was changed. I kind of like the idea of averaging the three shows and not basing what people remember as "top hornline" or "top drumline" etc. on what happened to be the last show of the year, especially if a corps had an off night at finals. Anyone???

They still average the scores over the three days.

Thanks - Has it always been that way? I seem to remember something about "tournament scoring" - was there ever any difference??

I'm pretty sure that the caption awards are determined from average scores over the three nights, but the scores announced as placement scores are for that specific day and show only. someone can correct me if i am wrong

I've heard something similar to averaging scores to determine Jim Ott/drum trophy/etc.

I'm pretty sure that the caption awards are determined from average scores over the three nights, but the scores announced as placement scores are for that specific day and show only. someone can correct me if i am wrong

That's right, unless it changed in the last year or two which I don't think it did.