'tis the question..

I used the 18 dollar coleman twin last summer and it didn't deflate on me until a camp this season. Much cheaper than a therma-rest, or aerobed so if it does break mid-tour it won't break your pocket to have the management pick you up another one (if your corps does that sort of thing). I used the 120v quickpump, requiring an outlet. Yes, it was loud but it's pretty fantastic when you can fill your mattress in less than 30 seconds. It also fills your mattress up firmer than the battery ones. Share with friends!...everyone will love you when it's 4 in the morning and they just want to get on the floor. B)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

80 inches does seem kinda big huh? It may be a bigger version but I don't think so. It doesn't seem all that big. I'm only 5'8" and the one I had was the perfect size. I think it's about the size of a regular twin bed. Look at "aerobed camper" and maybe you'll find something or a cheaper price at least.

80" isn't all that big. If you are 6 feet tall it's only an extra 4" of bed on either end.

80" isn't all that big. If you are 6 feet tall it's only an extra 4" of bed on either end.

haha, well, i'm 5 foot even. so that's an extra 20 inches for me to maneuver. i'd just be worried that if we house in a tight space, i'd be that guy who has the huge bed taking up all the room

haha, well, i'm 5 foot even. so that's an extra 20 inches for me to maneuver. i'd just be worried that if we house in a tight space, i'd be that guy who has the huge bed taking up all the room

You'll be fine. There's usually one or two people that bring a double size bed. Also, you may be able to set up in the hall way if it's such a tight space. It's doesn't take up that much more space than a sleeping bag either.

So sleep sideways across the bed and invite 2 other short people to join you. :P

So, I'm thinking air mattress lol. Is there such thing as a silent pump air mattress? to not disturb the others?

it seems kind of big (80 inches long). do you know if there's a smaller one?

QVC sells a kid's size AeroBed that is 60" long that supports up to 150 lbs and sell for $88.00. QVC also sells AeroBeds ranging from $70.00 to $200.00. My 7 year old son has been sleeping on his Aerobed for two years now. Back in the 80's hardly no one used air mattresses. I was lucky enough to make it into the gym for the 4 hour sleep. Sometimes I was so sound asleep I would not wake up until the next morning still on the bus floor, and no one around. But if I had a choice today, I probably would invest in an AeroBed or one of those camping matresses for the pure comfort. Also, take a blanket with you, I usually just laid on top of my sleeping bag and used the blanket to cover up with. :blink: Enjoy your days and nights marching in Drum Corp!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I had one of those camping pads for one year, and it was ok....then I discovered the air mattress. So much more comfortable. The rechargeable pump inflated and deflated the bed quickly and, when rolled up, it was the size of a child's sleeping bag. I'd definitely suggest the air mattress. In two years, mine never had any holes or problems...and I paid $8 for it at Target. Definitely worth it. Definitely.