'tis the question..

yes, aerobed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on year five with just me and my sleeping bag. I have arthiritis in my back but really, the floor has never bothered me. I LOVE my sleep, so an air mattress is the last thing I wanna deal with at 3 am and during the day when I have to pack it up somehow. Never really felt it worth it.

make a poll and you shall see what is better.

If you can, this is the one to get.

http://www.amazon.com/AeroBed-InstaSleep-C...g/dp/B0006TJ43O

It is a camping aerobed that includes a sleeping bag and pillow built in. This is much more comfortable than the mats (I've done both). The sleeping bag cover stays on very well and helps to prevent it from being punctured. It rolls up to the same size as many sleeping bags so it saves space.

And it's just as easy to inflate. With the mats you bend over twice to unroll and inflate and again to close the knob. With an aerobed you bend over twice to unroll/inflate and to turn off the motor/close the seal.

When I marched I did the sleeping bag and floor thing, not terribly comfortable, but I survived.

Now when I go on tour it's with my Coleman air mattress. There is no question...but I also have more time to pack / unpack now, I get to sleep through stretch & run, have breakfast during visual basics block. :)

I had an air mattress most of the summer, and I loved it. I figured I was going to hear the pumps (and general talking and scuffling about) for a good 10/15 minutes after getting into the gym, so why not.

I did however make the mistake of getting a cheap one and ended up having to sleep on the floor for two weeks. Those were hell, my back was killing me.

I got the same thing that...UTAMello had (I think...) and that worked perfect for the rest of the season.

If you're going to get an air mattress, get one with a rechargeable pump (no batteries, but you don't need an outlet every time you inflate the thing) because the batteries go quickly.

basically

Air mattress > Floor

it seems kind of big (80 inches long). do you know if there's a smaller one?

80 inches does seem kinda big huh? It may be a bigger version but I don't think so. It doesn't seem all that big. I'm only 5'8" and the one I had was the perfect size. I think it's about the size of a regular twin bed. Look at "aerobed camper" and maybe you'll find something or a cheaper price at least.