new cadets clip

Neat piece.

They sound pretty decent, though I think the baritones and trumpets were a little too excited.

Edited by Jayzer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b**bs I can not wait for this show the music sounds great. I am excited to see how they fit narration into the show.

sounds good and all, but doesn't really do much for me.

just curious...wouldnt you want to wait until the summer before making a comment like that based off a recording of just horns?? honestly it really doesnt do much for anyone on here im sure....if you really want to analyze it, it pretty much sounds like garbage, the music is dirty and the horns sound unbalanced and weak. but you dont need to look at an April camp recording like that....people are taking the snippet and imagining how its going to trnaslate to the field. yeah it doesnt do much for me right now either.....they currently sound like box -2 while they are standing still and indoors where they are suppose to sound good. but i wouldnt judge that now

just curious...wouldnt you want to wait until the summer before making a comment like that based off a recording of just horns?? honestly it really doesnt do much for anyone on here im sure....if you really want to analyze it, it pretty much sounds like garbage, the music is dirty and the horns sound unbalanced and weak. but you dont need to look at an April camp recording like that....people are taking the snippet and imagining how its going to trnaslate to the field. yeah it doesnt do much for me right now either.....they currently sound like box -2 while they are standing still and indoors where they are suppose to sound good. but i wouldnt judge that now

chill out... he didn't like the recording. He didn't say he was going to hate the piece when it was played on the field, or that he was going to hate The Cadets this year.

you're jumping to conclusions more than he is.

~>conner

not bad for april. Should be an exciting piece on the field, and I'm sure Cadets will take full advantage of that in the visual aspect. can't wait to see it on June 16th

with the shortage in hornline and the difficulty of that piece, this is cool! This should be one very exciting show this summer.

not bad for april. Should be an exciting piece on the field, and I'm sure Cadets will take full advantage of that in the visual aspect. can't wait to see it on June 16th

I would say bad for april, but its pretty good considering they just got it this weekend. I am a little worried about the pacing of the show, considering its 3 fast loud pieces, but i guess noone will complain about carrying benches and not playing for 2 minutes.

I like... a lot! I'm just nervous about adding the narration -- it could either enhance or kill it, and judging by the sample at the top of that article ("I believe nothing occurs without hard work. Nothing! We practice, we practice and we practice." - Lame...) it could definitely be the latter. We'll just have to see.

It sounds like Hoppy is going through pains to specifically design the show around voice. What's up with that?

He is. And their design team is. That much is patently obvious. Personally, I think they're on the right track with it. A lot better track than they were on last year with that stuff. We'll see how it works out in the long run...