July 28th Salem Ohio show

Other than prelims and finals I can only think of one show...years ago... where Minnisota Brass inc. were on the same filed as the Statesmen. I think that was in 2001. . . ?

Wasn't that in Jamestown, NY in 2003?

Jamestown N.Y. is correct but not sure of the year. They are all (years) starting to run together :sshh:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Jamestown, NY show was in 2003. We ALMOST pulled out a victory there too!

A little trivia that was told to me by some of the aged alumni of the corps: In the history of the corps, Empire Statesmen is the only DCA corps that MN Brass has never beaten.

Could this be the year? Come and find out!! b**bs

Yeah the Jamestown, NY show was in 2003. We ALMOST pulled out a victory there too!

A little trivia that was told to me by some of the aged alumni of the corps: In the history of the corps, Empire Statesmen is the only DCA corps that MN Brass has never beaten.

I'll go!

Hello Morphyoo,

You could double check with a few more older MN Brass alumni members....There was a drumcorps in the mid 1980's from the Pittsburgh area that might also become part of the trivia for your drumcorps.....

Just my $.02 worth....

See "yunz" all in Salem on the 28th.....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Hey Gene,

The year is correct... "Oh exhaulted one" and if memory serves me correctly, The Erie Thunderbirds performed in exhibition at the Jamestown show in 2003.....I can see Carl Vulla and Wally Post right now extending a handshake to a friend....If memory serves me correctly, that show was the debut performance for two other drumcorps....Shenandoah Sound in competion and Mon Valley Express in exhibition.....I also agree with Morphyoo when he said that the show was VERY close and could have gone either way in 2003.....Lets see what happens in Salem in 2007.....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Jamestown N.Y. is correct but not sure of the year. They are all (years) starting to run together :sshh:

Hey Gene,

The year is correct... "Oh exhaulted one" and if memory serves me correctly, The Erie Thunderbirds performed in exhibition at the Jamestown show in 2003.....I can see Carl Vulla and Wally Post right now extending a handshake to a friend....If memory serves me correctly, that show was the debut performance for two other drumcorps....Shenandoah Sound in competion and Mon Valley Express in exhibition.....I also agree with Morphyoo when he said that the show was VERY close and could have gone either way in 2003.....Lets see what happens in Salem in 2007.....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

And if memory serves we also were there in exhibition as well.

Hey Gene,

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

First time we had the first show of the year that didn't pour cats and dogs :P

Hello Morphyoo,

You could double check with a few more older MN Brass alumni members....There was a drumcorps in the mid 1980's from the Pittsburgh area that might also become part of the trivia for your drumcorps.....

Just my $.02 worth....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

Would have been nice if Steel City was there the 28th!

Edited by PGHPercussion

Hey Gene,

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

"Oh Exhaulted One...???? What's THAT all about? Yes, we were in exhibition. No, it didn't rain but if memory serves me correctly it was very hot and humid.

Yinz goin' to Salem...'nat? This may be the next closest thing to a regional show as it gets even though it is really spread out. As I said before......this may be the one of the most if not THE most entertaining show of the year minus the CABS. I can't imagine anyone passing this show up and I hope I get to see some of it.

Only drawback I see is......we (TBIRDS) have to follow all this talent. Time for some serious Game-Face on our part. (we could still use you in the Bari line John)

Hello Morphyoo,

Just my $.02 worth....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

I believe they were talking about current, competing DCA corps, which would exclude Steel City. But I always heard good things about that corps, especially the hornline.

*edit* Plus I see MN Brass beat Steel City at finals in 1991

Edited by Morphy00