July 28th Salem Ohio show

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely pleased to see a multi-regional line-up outside of the NE!

Thanks to all of the corps that are making the effort to attend. Your actions are not going unnoticed.

Imperial Dragons how cool. When I marched jr days (1972 Racine Explorer Scouts) we competed in Califoria. It was the trip that almost killed the Scouts. Good memories of your former corps.

I know it must be tough to do those loooonnnng trips. But to some extent Empire has the same experience traveling to NJ, CT or the NY area. Buses usually pull out Friday night for the 6-7hr trip over night. Maybe a couple of hours shut-eye upon arrival, but definitely lots of bus legs. Again, certainly not what you folks do, but tough nonetheless.

By the way, does anyone have a 'line-up' of hotels in the area. From my trip there last year, there is only one place in town and its booked by corps. Suggestions on shortest drive into Salem from ???? wherever.

Hotel is in Columbiana about 15 Min east of Salem www.DasDutchvillage.com. Up in Austintown at I 80-& RT46

you have 9 hotels. It is 30 to 40 min drive from Salem.

Super 8 Motel 1-800-739-7788

Best Western Meander Inn 330-544-2378

Sleep Inn 330-544-5555

Fairfield 330-505-2173

Comfort Inn 330-792-9740

Hampton Inn 330-544-0660 If you Are at the CHAMPIONS ON PARADE this weekend.

I will be in Bridgeport this weekend. Look up ART HARRIS he is show marshal and most likely be on the field most of the night if you find him he

will know where i am. Ask for Jim

Edited by Jim H

We had this on the schedule and were looking forward to traveling with the Thunderbirds. But, both of our boys, T.J. and Josh were chosen to play on the Great Lakes Region soccer team at the Keystone Games that weekend, in York, PA. This is a great honor as they are the FIRST in their age group to be chosen from this area in over 5 years! We are very proud of them!!

(Shamelessly proud parent!)

Talk about a show that's a real "SLEEPER".........This line-up, to me, is tremendous to put it mildly. Take a second look............

CorpsVets

Minnesota Brass Inc.

Kilties

Empire Statesmen

Govies

Ya....I know we (Erie TBIRDS) are in exhibition, but I would make this show a priority for me. With the exception of the CABS....these are some of my all time favorites when it comes to pure entertainment. :dozingoff:

Edited by melligene

• 3 weeks later...

I am really looking forward to this show. Its exciting to get to compete and see corps that we normally don't get to see until finals weekend!

I am really looking forward to this show. Its exciting to get to compete and see corps that we normally don't get to see until finals weekend!

I am in full agreement with Heather and melligene the other members who've posted. As a member who gets to perform in this show, I am super psyched! More so than any of our other shows this season.

Other than prelims and finals I can only think of one show...years ago... where Minnisota Brass inc. were on the same filed as the Statesmen. I think that was in 2001. . . ?

This is going to be really awesome seeing different corps and getting a chance to hear different show music. A great way to mix it up long before labor day weekend. I'm personally looking forward to hearing/seeing both MBI and Kilties!

YEAY! :worthy: