Horizon

Regulators

Storm

Tide

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, we are narrowed down to 10 names, plus a few 'um.. still considering' names....

So feel free to vote on our poll here: What's in a Name?

ok, we are narrowed down to 10 names, plus a few 'um.. still considering' names....

So feel free to vote on our poll here: What's in a Name?

My only beef with some of the other names is that they sound like your corps is a bunch of action figures. (Tidal FORCE, Voltage, Regulators) I'd expect to see the Transformers toys appear on the field! :P Which reminds me, someone suggested the name "Transformers" for a DCA South corps a few years ago! :rock: Stay away from the Latin names. It doesn't have to be Latin just because it's South Texas.

Blue Wave is just cool and I think it will be more appealing to potential members.

That's my humble opinion.

Edited by Mark Time

My only beef with some of the other names is that they sound like your corps is a bunch of action figures. (Tidal FORCE, Voltage, Regulators) I'd expect to see the Transformers toys appear on the field! :P Which reminds me, someone suggested the name "Transformers" for a DCA South corps a few years ago! :rock: Stay away from the Latin names. It doesn't have to be Latin just because it's South Texas.

Blue Wave is just cool and I think it will be more appealing to potential members.

South Force....Southernaires.......South Wave....Corpus Cristy Commadores

Corpus Christi Kilted Knights

Corpus Christi Community Regulators aka CCCR aka U.S.S.R., with corps song Back in the USSR.

(in jest of course)

My only beef with some of the other names is that they sound like your corps is a bunch of action figures. (Tidal FORCE, Voltage, Regulators) I'd expect to see the Transformers toys appear on the field! :P Which reminds me, someone suggested the name "Transformers" for a DCA South corps a few years ago! :lookaround: Stay away from the Latin names. It doesn't have to be Latin just because it's South Texas.

When I was at UNM we called ourselves the Mighty Morphin Power Band because of the uniforms. They were ridiculous.

If anybody is on here before 11:50am (central) could you post the 10 names? Our school computers will not let us into the site.

Edited by steamboat

The names on the poll:

Blue Wave

58% (7 votes)

Con Fuego

8% (1 votes)

Conquistadors

0% (0 votes)

Navigator

8% (1 votes)

Regulators

17% (2 votes)

Rockport Explorers

0% (0 votes)

Southern Horizon

8% (1 votes)

Tidal Force

0% (0 votes)

Voltage

0% (0 votes)

Wanderers

0% (0 votes)

and then there's this text below the poll:

Other Names

Still like:

"Raiders" (but not sure how to incorporate it... ie Rockport Raiders? The Raiders? etc... plus there is a DCI corps by that name currently)

"Coastal Bend" as it truly reflects the metro area we are targetting

"All the weather/beach references"... a little leary of Wave and Surf because there are corps out there that use those in their names... but Blue Wave does have a nice ring to it

We certainly haven't closed the door on names, but do want to see what people's thoughts are... the poll is a good way to do that, as sheer statistics always help

The names on the poll:

Blue Wave

58% (7 votes)

Con Fuego

8% (1 votes)

Conquistadors

0% (0 votes)

Navigator

8% (1 votes)

Regulators

17% (2 votes)

Rockport Explorers

0% (0 votes)

Southern Horizon

8% (1 votes)

Tidal Force

0% (0 votes)

Voltage

0% (0 votes)

Wanderers

0% (0 votes)

I don't really like any of those choices...

Blue Wave---blue devils, blue coats, blue knights, etc, etc.(well over 50 corps with the name "blue" historically) , and there was a corps from Holland named this back in the 90's

Con Fuego--just reminds me of Dan Patrick on ESPN...en fuego

Conquistadors--I accept the fact that there is a large hispanic population in the area, but to me, Conquistadors screams latin music..if that's all yer gonna play, fine...if not...

Navigator---probably a trade mark infringement from Ford, and brings forth visions of nautical music...(which isn't necessarily bad, just I don't know how much "nautical" music there is to play)

Regulators--my favorite of this group..a name like this inspires visions of Troopers style programs though...(which isn't necessarily a bad thing, either)

Rockport Explorers--another Ford trademark. Also, don't know if you want to incorporate a city name into the corps name...might make it too "local" (i know, I know...Santa Clara Vanguard, Boston, Madison..but they are known entities)

Southern Horizon--ehhh...kinda pretty...not very inspirational

Tidal Force--Tide I could deal with..Tidal Force is just too cheesy and cartoonish for me.

Voltage--their corps song could be the Electric Slide...could have some nice looking uni's...just doesn't strike a chord with me, however.

Wanderers--another that's not very "inspirational"

btw..these are just my opinions, so don't go off the deep end if my thoughts seem to insult someone's idea...just stating my personal feelings on these names.