One Reason Electronic Should Be Allowed

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not WGI, if they want electronics let them have it. <**> <**>

I have talked to many ALUMNI from many corps and if electronics are allowed they will stop all support of drum corps. :laugh:

Which proves drum corps is a big lie.

Everyone says its for the journey, about the kids, about entertainment. But we are all liars.

If it were about those things, no one would care about electronics.

Drum Corps fans are selfish, too selfish to be fans of a not-for profit organization.

Everyone says its for the journey, about the kids, about entertainment. But we are all liars.

Drum Corps fans are selfish, too selfish to be fans of a not-for profit organization.

EDIT: My grammar sucks sometimes... and I changed my mind.

But for now, I will say no. When it eventually happens, I'll still watch drum corps though. I just love it too much.

Boo to electronics.

Up with acoustics.

Edited by i_play_percussion

Some people just call it tradition - but hey, whatever blows your hair back.... :)

It's posts like this that make me re-think my stance on electronics.

To be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. But for now, I will say no. When it eventually happens, I'll still watch drum corps though.

and the Boston Symphony should add heavy metal guitars and a drum set. Metalica and Megadeath should add a woodwind section to their bands. BB King should add an oboe player to his backup band.

:laugh:

and the Boston Symphony should add heavy metal guitars and a drum set. Metalica and Megadeath should add a woodwind section to their bands. BB King should add an oboe player to his backup band.

And imagine how much more famous NSYNC would have been if they played brass and woodwind instruments, while dancing next to a synthesizer.

Winton Marselis might be going heavy metal this year. :P

I'm certainly not one of the old schoolers on the board, but I didn't hear anything on the Mission Viejo video that couldn't be done in a more exciting way with wind instruments. In their WGI realm, they need that. In our DCI real, we do not. We have great brass players to play that stuff. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the recording, but I didn't hear anything that could not already be done better following the current DCI guidelines.

Ever see Don Ellis' big band live "in the day" complete with a string section and french horns?

How about albums like Rick Wakeman's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" complete with symphony orchestra...ditto Moody Blues albums.

Metallica performed live with conductor/composer Michael Kamen and the the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra in 1999. The concert was recorded and released under the title S&M .