Bus accident Wildwood NJ?

Here's another picture of the wreck. I'm not sure how the tractor trailer would burn from this.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07123/783115-100.stm

I saw that one after I posted the one from MSN.Clearly MSN dosent have their act together

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the above picture w/the burning vehicle is not, from anything I've seen all day, the correct image.

the trailer did not, from my understanding, burn nor did the bus.

The indoor drumline and guard from Elizabeth Forward HS were both ranked in first in TIA and were enroute to Wildwood for the ACC (All Chapter Championships) held the first weekend of May each year. Latest reports are that most, if not all, the injured students, staffs and chaperone's have been released from local hospitals and were picked up by a bus sent out by their school district.

Due to the nebulous nature of local and national coverage it's only speculative what is happening from now forward.

Here's hoping that the injuries and psyche's heal quickly.

Keep them all in your prayers.

Jimbalaya

Steel Thunder Staff '96-'97-'98

I am guessing that they were not able to compete after the accident due to numorous injuries?

from the reports I read, no, they did not perform and cancelled on that and were just returning home.

from the reports I read, no, they did not perform and cancelled on that and were just returning home.

Very sad for those kids that they did not get to perform.Thank god they are all ok.

Heard a quick radio blurb that the driver and a student "had serious injuries". Anyone have an update on that or if all the students have gone home yet? Guessing/hoping the radio taking head had it wrong but checking.

Wow, when I heard on Traffax that the turnpike was shut down I never dreamed this.... For some reason that's been a nasty area of the 'pike. My brother in law had to drive from Harrisburg to Downington-Reading area for about 18 months for a construction job. By the time he was done he knew every alternate route.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Very weird situation Jim. The accident happened not too far from my eldest daughter's house. The property abuts and overlooks the turnpike right-of-way west of the D'town interchange and she had a birds eye view of the insanity.

If I catch any verified info I'll try to get it out.

Jimbalaya

Heard a quick radio blurb that the driver and a student "had serious injuries". Anyone have an update on that or if all the students have gone home yet? Guessing/hoping the radio taking head had it wrong but checking.

Wow, when I heard on Traffax that the turnpike was shut down I never dreamed this....

I am guessing that they were not able to compete after the accident due to numorous injuries?

School district cancelled the performances.Had, they been able to get to Wildwood, TOB would have made every effort to help them.Also the other

groups would have most graciuosly lent anything the would have needed. :(