Silly Pointless Question about the Bluecoats

For Bluecoats members, alumni, staff, etc:

Okay,

Let's say you just finished another great performance, and the crowd is going nuts.

"BLUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Do any of you ever think: "Dang, I know this is their way of showering us with love, but just once I'd like to hear only cheers!"

I've been curious about this for a while.

Peter

For Bluecoats members, alumni, staff, etc:

Okay,

Let's say you just finished another great performance, and the crowd is going nuts.

"BLUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Do any of you ever think: "Dang, I know this is their way of showering us with love, but just once I'd like to hear only cheers!"

I've been curious about this for a while.

Peter

It's BLOOOOOOOO ! And it IS a cheer. :)

I LOVE walking off the field hearing BLOOOO. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Greg D.

Bluecoats 04 05 07

i heard someone who's been on staff for a longlonglong time mention once that he'd actually like to hear just cheers once, out of curiousity. i suppose it would be interesting to experience, relatively and all. i think its safe to say that a good amount of cheering is sacrificed for the sake of blooo's, although its nice to be able to interpret the two in the same way and not have to differentiate them.

it would probably sound a lot like the way people cheer for the other top corps.

Last year at the Charlotte show one of my friends who was not very familiar with the drum corps traditions got upset because she thought the crowd was booing. Gave me a good laugh. :worthy:

Peter,

I aged out 14 years ago and there are still two things that give me goose bumps every time I hear them: BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Autumn Leaves. It will never get old, even if I'm not the one performing anymore.

Seriously, no other corps has their own specialized applause or cheer. I think its pretty special and quite unique to the activity.

DW