DCA Extends Championship Agreement

Check out a map, Keith. Rochester is both further North and East of Scranton.

"Championships are moving further west"? Hardly.

Dude,,far be it for me to agree that the DCA championships are moving west,,but I can assure you that Rochester IS further WEST than Scranton by several miles.Here is the map showing the distance and direction.

Now with that said,,I don't think you are going to find anyone that agrees that "the move west to Rochester" was a MAJOR significant step in moving finals out west.

FWIW,, and I mean this with no disrespect to anyone out there.I never expect to see DCA move championships out of the NE.I do expect to see some sort of all age championship in Indy in a few years.The activity is just expanding too rapidly and the Indy folks see dollar signs.

Call it a hunch. B)

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, right. :P

I practically had ninja assassin teams sent after me for suggesting that DCA should be moved to North Carolina for one season. As it stands right now, it takes an act of Congress, nine debates, two fistfights, three DCA bylaw changes and action by the DCP moderators just to get your average DCA corps on a bus for more than 2 hours. lol.

By the time the DCA Championships get moved West of Pittsburgh, I will be long gone from drum corps. Probably all of us will. B)

..........maybe true, but I haven't heard any complaints about the split that resulted from selling several thousand more tickets for prelims, (yes prelims) the alumni spectacular, and finals...............than in the recent past..............

Allen, you know i'm gonna call you BUBBA from now on... See you sunday!

Oh, and to stay on topic... I for one will go anywhere for finals, the city, state, country, planet doesn't matter. Rehearsals, performances, competitions, and finals are supposed to be fun. Complaining about Venue is pointless. :blush:

Patrick

..........maybe true, but I haven't heard any complaints about the split that resulted from selling several thousand more tickets for prelims, (yes prelims) the alumni spectacular, and finals...............than in the recent past..............

Ticket sales were better than Scranton, but you cannot compare championship weekend ticket sales figures to those at other venues that never happened.

And again, as a venue for a World Championship drum corps show, the stadium in Rochester is average, at best. Bonus points for a non-slippery surface in a monsoon, I guess.

Allen, you know i'm gonna call you BUBBA from now on... See you sunday!

Patrick

Easy skippy.... :blush: See you this weekend!

Easy skippy.... :blush: See you this weekend!

When I first came to ES in 04 it was strange for me to discover people did not call you Bubba and I am only a youngin'. I have not known you that long at all. :-)

I miss you though. You and the rest of my ES family!

Is that what classy is? <**> Then count me classless. It's not a very good place to hold that caliber of show, I'll go on the record and say I miss Scranton already. No offense to anyone in New York.

Travler Garvey

Rochester. At least last years' site was a lot better better than '96's! That said, I wish I had been up higher.