Network Drum & Bugle Corps post info

Hey, I just went to the Network Drum & bugle Corps site and they posted some pretty interesting stuff. I only cut and pasted some of the info, yah gotta go to their website for more info

NETWORK NEWS UPDATE !

Dear Readers:

We want to address the many rumors, and comments as well as all the none positive remarks aimed at DCI, in our regard. DCI, has been gracious, and professional in all aspects of our evaluation. It will do no one any good to create gossip about any circumstances that you do not have any information on to base your opinion, especially if you're not connected to the NET. We at Network attempted to accelerate our roll year, because of the decline of so many to produce a corps (especially from the East Coast) to participate and represent our side of the world in Californina. We appreciate your concern, accept your love and want you (the reader) to enjoy the Drum & Bugle Activity and throughly support the promotion thereof, as whether you like the state of affairs or not, at least its being produced by so many dedicated people. And if any of you want to be apart of The Network Team (T.N.T.) your welcome, as long as you're a positive influence to our marvelous members, and can past a Criminal Background Test.

Believe me, everything is fine.

Grace and Peace,

Herschel Vaughn III

Executive Director

NOW ON TO BUSINESS!

We at Network want to thank the Evaluation Committee of DCI, for their interest in us to participate in the 2007 competitive season, you're a great team!

Thank you!

But after further review

Can you give a link to their website???

edit: answered my own questions

Edited by bari_benzo

Hey, I just went to the Network Drum & bugle Corps site and they posted some pretty interesting stuff. I only cut and pasted some of the info, yah gotta go to their website for more info

NETWORK NEWS UPDATE !

Dear Readers:

We want to address the many rumors, and comments as well as all the none positive remarks aimed at DCI, in our regard. DCI, has been gracious, and professional in all aspects of our evaluation. It will do no one any good to create gossip about any circumstances that you do not have any information on to base your opinion, especially if you're not connected to the NET. We at Network attempted to accelerate our roll year, because of the decline of so many to produce a corps (especially from the East Coast) to participate and represent our side of the world in Californina. We appreciate your concern, accept your love and want you (the reader) to enjoy the Drum & Bugle Activity and throughly support the promotion thereof, as whether you like the state of affairs or not, at least its being produced by so many dedicated people. And if any of you want to be apart of The Network Team (T.N.T.) your welcome, as long as you're a positive influence to our marvelous members, and can past a Criminal Background Test.

Grace and Peace,

Herschel Vaughn III

Executive Director

NOW ON TO BUSINESS!

We at Network want to thank the Evaluation Committee of DCI, for their interest in us to participate in the 2007 competitive season, you're a great team!

Thank you!

But after further review

www.networkcorps.org

Hey Elmo,

Get these kids out on the field. You been missed, man!!

Michael

NETWORK NEWS UPDATE !

Dear Readers:

Grace and Peace,

Herschel Vaughn III

Executive Director

NOW ON TO BUSINESS!

Thank you!

But after further review

Though I am sorry to hear that Network is not coming out this year I feel they are making the right decision to build a stronger foundation and I wish them a lot of success and the best of luck as they continue to get their corps out on the field.

Good luck Network

For whatever reason they have decided to not field a corps this year, I'm respect the way they have not slammed anyone and choose better yet to take the high road and be professional. I admire their staff for the way they think with adding on two months to their program calendar instead of rushing a new corps out there before they are ready. With a little over 100 members altogether, they will be okay.

Focus on results Network!

(P.S. I like your logo....cool)

After reading the full announcement, I saw a section that I feel is unprofessional and uncalled for. Especially from a corps that isn't coming out themselves.

Legend wrote:

"For whatever reason they have decided to not field a corps this year, I'm respect the way they have not slammed anyone and choose better yet to take the high road and be professional."

From their website:

"There are Drum Corps with a history that always attempts to put everything together every year at the last moment, and then find themselves in the position to fix, fix, and fix some more throughout the entire competitive season, and the only accomplishments they achieve is:

Aggravation, Sunburn, Exhaustion, Poor Performance Ratings and Debt

You may know of them.............

So, why settle for those results?"

Isn't this a slam against the struggling corps of Div3? This doesn't seem like taking the "high road." There is NO reason to have this section as part of the announcement. It indicates "quit your corps, come to my corps. We are not going anywhere or doing anything, but you will be better off here than in a corps that struggles but IS going somewhere and IS doing something."

There are quite a few Div3 corps working very hard to put a corps on the field every year.

Yes, at times it is a struggle for everyone of those corps. Mine included. Yet they always seem to come out and compete the best they can.

Not all corps believe that competition comes first.

Would it be nice to have the luxury to not have to worry about having enough members to field a corps? Absolutely. Or getting the money to tour every year? YES.

Seems to me that you should put a corps on the field first before you talk about any other organization. Especially in the uprofessional manner as you have. You should look at the postings from all the other organizations in Div II-III that are not coming out. Not one puts down any other corps.

I, for one, hope that Network is not as unprofessional as this post indicates.

After reading the full announcement, I saw a section that I feel is unprofessional and uncalled for. Especially from a corps that isn't coming out themselves.

Legend wrote:

"For whatever reason they have decided to not field a corps this year, I'm respect the way they have not slammed anyone and choose better yet to take the high road and be professional."

From their website:

"There are Drum Corps with a history that always attempts to put everything together every year at the last moment, and then find themselves in the position to fix, fix, and fix some more throughout the entire competitive season, and the only accomplishments they achieve is:

Isn't this a slam against the struggling corps of Div3? This doesn't seem like taking the "high road." There is NO reason to have this section as part of the announcement. It indicates "quit your corps, come to my corps. We are not going anywhere or doing anything, but you will be better off here than in a corps that struggles but IS going somewhere and IS doing something."

There are quite a few Div3 corps working very hard to put a corps on the field every year.

Yes, at times it is a struggle for everyone of those corps. Mine included. Yet they always seem to come out and compete the best they can.

Would it be nice to have the luxury to not have to worry about having enough members to field a corps? Absolutely. Or getting the money to tour every year? YES.

Seems to me that you should put a corps on the field first before you talk about any other organization. Especially in the uprofessional manner as you have. You should look at the postings from all the other organizations in Div II-III that are not coming out. Not one puts down any other corps.

Legend wrote:

From their website:

Whoa..........Old Bones

It appears that you might have intrepreted his comments incorrectly, as he never mentioned a corps especially a classification of a Division. Matter of fact, I took from his open letter that he was addressing his membership, as to why go onto the field un-prepared as now time will allow them to be better. You really should take a look and absorb what you are reading, as it seems that whoever you are you want to stroke some type of fire, or put a nasty spin on what's written. Again no corps, or division was ever mention. Stop Spinning Wheels.

Whoa..........Old Bones

It appears that you might have intrepreted his comments incorrectly, as he never mentioned a corps especially a classification of a Division. Matter of fact, I took from his open letter that he was addressing his membership, as to why go onto the field un-prepared as now time will allow them to be better. You really should take a look and absorb what you are reading, as it seems that whoever you are you want to stroke some type of fire, or put a nasty spin on what's written. Again no corps, or division was ever mention. Stop Spinning Wheels.

Oldbones,

Just went yet again to the web-site and got his email address (ex.dir@networkcorps.org), and I called him as well. His cell is listed as: 1-518-22-2068. I directed him to the DCP web-site and your comments. His response was if give him your telephone number he will call you, or feel free to call him. He was a former Director / Drill Designer / Parent & Mentor to many for 13 years of a community based Drum & Bugle Corps in Bed-Sty Brooklyn named Quest, as they had many challenges and obsticles.

Call the guy, he's been cultivating youth to have higher esteem for themselves apparently for a long time. By, the way why are you micro-analyzing stuff, you must have a motive.