Most Amazing Shows!

Pride 2002 "Both Sides Now", either you loved it or you hated it.

My big thing about using props like the benches (tables?) they used is how much you use them and if it is effective......and the answer is yes. Their flag book especially at the beginning is just filled with subtle nuances and amazing control. The music is beautiful, the costuming is classy and the show just sucks you in.

You have to give props to the girl who tosses the sabre (7? 8?)

does a front walk over and nails it and makes it look extremely easy. Then not even two minutes later, in the middle of the floor, dead 50, she nails what appears to be at least a seven standing dead pat, not moving an inch, and catching it at tape. Not just her but the entire sabre line that year was spectacular.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots 99,00,02

Bishop Kearney 95,96,97

Fantasia 04

Pride 02,03,04,05

Avon HS 06,07

Logan 04

Shenendehowa HS 06

Laurens HS 04

Carmel HS 07

Seminole HS 07

Onyx 07

Corona 07

Blessed Sac 07

NEI 07

Flanagan 05,06,07

Stoneman Douglas 05

Northmont 97

im sure theres more toooo... :)

Pride 2002 "Both Sides Now", either you loved it or you hated it.

My big thing about using props like the benches (tables?) they used is how much you use them and if it is effective......and the answer is yes. Their flag book especially at the beginning is just filled with subtle nuances and amazing control. The music is beautiful, the costuming is classy and the show just sucks you in.

You have to give props to the girl who tosses the sabre (7? 8?)

does a front walk over and nails it and makes it look extremely easy. Then not even two minutes later, in the middle of the floor, dead 50, she nails what appears to be at least a seven standing dead pat, not moving an inch, and catching it at tape. Not just her but the entire sabre line that year was spectacular.

If you are talking about the girl who gets picked up and spun around by a guy after she catches that solo toss,, that is a different girl then the one who does the walkover. The girl who did the walkover I believe is from Bellbrook High School, they use to be known for having baton twirlers, and that girl was a baton twirler. That is how she was able to do that walkover. Most baton twirlers can do that sort of thing.

The solo girl is from Northmont, and she is their director now!!

If you are talking about the girl who gets picked up and spun around by a guy after she catches that solo toss,, that is a different girl then the one who does the walkover. The girl who did the walkover I believe is from Bellbrook High School, they use to be known for having baton twirlers, and that girl was a baton twirler. That is how she was able to do that walkover. Most baton twirlers can do that sort of thing.

The solo girl is from Northmont, and she is their director now!!

Ohhhhhhhh......I love northmont.....

To change it up a bit I will talk about the shows that I thought were brilliant this year! I will start with the one that will shock people! I LOVED San Jose Raiders this year! I know it is wierd but I felt like I was in an abstract moment when expression was expression and it wasn't about getting points off the sheet. Same goes for Avon who took a similar approach in the Ensemble caption! That was my favorite show of the season! Onyx made me cry! Ok... sniffle a bit. Such a good show! I think that is my favorite show of theirs besides their Symph-onyx show in 2001! I love Shoshtakovich. Choctaw, Logan, Ventures, Code Black, West Johnston, Crown, all were amazing. Oh and LEIGH!!! Adorable show! They are really going places! Guess thats it. Have a fun summer! And don't forget to practice! ... with technique! :)

Kenny

Act 1 Open

FFX Guard

Phantom 2006!

NEi 05,06,07

Paradigm 05

Braddock 06

Pride 02,03,05,06

Fantasia 04,06,07

James Logan 04,07

Avon 06,07

Stoneman Douglas 04,05,07