The ten most annoying moments in DCI history

Honestly, the fire trucks across the street didn't bother me that much (compared to that freaking plane), but when the corps said the Pledge of Allegiance...well I just felt like a velvetta truck rolled up.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstood my post. I don't have a problem with SCV making the Phantom and corps disappear, or when PR does the wedge kick, or when SCV does the bottle dance, or Troopers and sunburst.

The problem I had was that Cadets supposedly did the fireman salute as a tribute to 911 and the firefighters, but didn't use it so much as a tribute as a last minute gimmick to boost GE. I thought it was wrong to use a recent tragedy to pull for points at finals. I wouldn't have had a problem if they had used it all season(or even during the earlier part of finals week).

I would say that you're probably misinterpreting the action. I seriously doubt that Hopkins is callous enough to use a recent tragedy as a gimmick to get points. They probably saved it to be a SPECIAL ending for finals only, something new and no doubt emotional. I'm sure that The Cadets/Hopkins had nothing in mind but to honor the fallen and the heroes of the occasion.

The guy who was the speaker for the majority of Cadets closer last year... not so much what he was saying, but his voice and how he was saying it (inflection). To me he sounded like a tool and I sort of roll my eyes every time I get to that segment in the show, not to mention he said "this i believe" WAY too loud right before the comp front.

didnt they have anyone with a better speaking voice?

You know that was Napolean didn't you? :) :)

1.) Cadets 2005-

"drum majors Will Plank and Zim Jullick.....i-is your corps ready?"

2.) SCV 2000-

"CRYSTAL!"

3.) Bluecoats 2007-

everyone who cheers and such during the "right to remain silent" sction.

4.) Phantom 2003-

sharp Contra...I hear it everytime.

5.) Blue Devils 2005-

"Yowza"

6.)Cavaliers 1995-

that watch that goes off in the opener.

7.) Cadets 2007-

those (insert bad word here...)s who decide to cheer after "alright, lets do somthing with no voice."

thats all for now...

minor things, but yet, so funny.

You know that was Napolean didn't you? :) :)

Not the cool one.

Napoleon Bonaparte.

=]

Honestly, the fire trucks across the street didn't bother me that much (compared to that freaking plane), but when the corps said the Pledge of Allegiance...well I just felt like a velvetta truck rolled up.

Yes, especially seeing there was a highly unpopular challenge to the words "under God" in the court system at the time. Very interesting timing to use this.

Phantom 2003- Cell phone or pager or whatever is going off during the beautiful intro.

I've seen this mentioned - but honestly, in all the times I've listened to the show have never heard it.

7.) Cadets 2007-

those (insert bad word here...)s who decide to cheer after "alright, lets do somthing with no voice."

Hey, they invited it by making the comment - what reaction were they expecting? Personally, I thought it was funny.

I would say that you're probably misinterpreting the action. I seriously doubt that Hopkins is callous enough to use a recent tragedy as a gimmick to get points. They probably saved it to be a SPECIAL ending for finals only, something new and no doubt emotional. I'm sure that The Cadets/Hopkins had nothing in mind but to honor the fallen and the heroes of the occasion.

No Misty, Hopkins was OBVIOUSLY involved in 9/11, I saw him gassing up the planes with my own eyes!!!