Just curious...

Are there any people out there who are not musicians but are fans of DCI?

Me and my musician friends all love DCI, but whenever I try to introduce it to someone who's not a musician, they always criticize it as "boring".

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't play an instrument and loves drum corps at the same time. It's just been on my mind for a long time.

Are musicians the only beings on this planet who are capable of appreciating drum corps??

Me and my musician friends all love DCI, but whenever I try to introduce it to someone who's not a musician, they always criticize it as "boring".

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't play an instrument and loves drum corps at the same time. It's just been on my mind for a long time.

Are musicians the only beings on this planet who are capable of appreciating drum corps??

I had a girlfriend quite a few years ago who used to go to every show with me and was the "Drum Mom" for my HS students. She could play the radio, but that's about it!

My ex-wife was NDC (Non Drum Corps). She fell alseep during BD in 1983. Hence my current marriage to a Geneseo Knights/Phantom Regiment alumnus. She's a keeper, for sure, and she's raised my appreciation for color guard to higher levels.

Garry in Vegas

I once dated a non-musician. I took her to an early season show. She loved watching the guards. "Cool, now they're purple." There is plenty for non musicians to enjoy.

My wife is a musician and loves corps, although she had never attended a show before we met. She is currently suffering through the 2007 CC package - that's a lot of drum corps. She fell asleep during SCV '93 last night.

I've been a drum corps fan/follower for almost 30 years, since high school. My husband was never involved in any musical activities growing up. When our daughter became serious about wanting to march this year, she showed him the DVD of this past year's finals. With his daughter in mind, he watched with a different level of interest and now is looking very much forward to the coming season, even getting tickets for a trip to Pasadena! He comes from a sports background and when I've heard him talking about drum corps to our friends, he always describes it as a "sport" and "very athletically demanding". He appreciates the music too, of course, but without the music background he doesn't have a frame of reference for the musical demand of the activity.

Well, I know for sure that when I marched, there were several (if not a lot) members of the guard who couldn't play any instruments and I'm pretty sure they loved drum corps and were fans. So I'd say "No, musicians are not the only beings on this planet who are capable of appreciating drum corps".

No because plenty of musicians hate drum corps too :P

One of my friends (a band director's wife) enjoys drum corps. She doesn't play an instrument, but she was in choir throughout high school and college. For the record, she's 22.

yeah I know ALOT of people who like it. They thinks amazing that people can make music while moving that fast. And for nonmusicians..... the guard really get their attention. SO does drill design.

But they don't get why have to pay to do it. They'll never really get it.

Guard? A lot of guard members don't play instruments or have any musical background yet put their entire summers into this activity. I know members who don't just watch the guard during shows, and have favorite shows based on the musical aspects rather than the CG. I've also shown non-musical friends certain shows, and like someone else already said, the drill today is very impressive and enjoyable to those without a musical background.

Guard? A lot of guard members don't play instruments or have any musical background yet put their entire summers into this activity. I know members who don't just watch the guard during shows, and have favorite shows based on the musical aspects rather than the CG. I've also shown non-musical friends certain shows, and like someone else already said, the drill today is very impressive and enjoyable to those without a musical background.

yeah .....I was just speaking from my personal experiences....... And if CG members march Drum Corps I'm sure they don't hate it.