Camp Reports?

I know there is one thread about Crown camp, but where are all the others? Doesn't anybody go to camps anymore? I know there was one guy who said he was going to a bunch of camps next week, but how about everybody else? There are quite a few folks posting that they see the new Indy stadium every day, have any of you seen Blue Stars at their Indy camp yet? How about all the Ohio regulars on here, anybody seen Bluecoats or Glassmen? Anybody live near Cadets camp in WV?? I NEED NEWS :P (drum corps withdrawal sucks!)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me help the corps out by providing a generic form for a camp report. Please modify as necessary. There is also a translation guide for the benefit of all.

CAMP REPORT FOR THE <INSERT NAME OF CORPS>

Let me start out by saying that this year's <insert name of corps> is going to be the best ever<insert exclamtion point> We are going to surprise a lot of people out there. <read "I just hope we can get on the road">

The <insert name of section> is stronger than ever and I am so impressed with all the hard work they have already put in this week. They are already in July shape and it's only <insert current month><insert multiple exclamation points>

The <insert name of another section> is really coming along very well and they will really impress people. The work they've been given is extremely complex and when it's clean.....look out <insert more exclamation points>

Overall, I see the <insert name of corps> breaking into semis this year <if they've not been to semis in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... cracking the top 12 <if they've not been in the top 12 in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... clearly in the top 6 <if they've not been in the top 6 in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... winning it all <if they haven't won in the past 10 years>.

But, it's still early. I understand that lot's of members still have school committments and they will be moving in soon. <read "we got a lot of holes right now">

I understand there might be one or two <read several> openings in the <insert name of section>section and maybe a <insert name of another section>spot <read "we'll look at anyone who shows up">, but those spots won't last. <read "hope we can fill them in by the 4th of July or we'll have to close in the holes">

I can't wait until this season starts. It's going to a great year <insert even more exclamation points> <read "We don't even have a semi driver or any cooks and I hope they can just get down the road at this point">

Let me help the corps out by providing a generic form for a camp report. Please modify as necessary. There is also a translation guide for the benefit of all.

Let me start out by saying that this year's <insert name of corps> is going to be the best ever<insert exclamtion point> We are going to surprise a lot of people out there. <read "I just hope we can get on the road">

The <insert name of section> is stronger than ever and I am so impressed with all the hard work they have already put in this week. They are already in July shape and it's only <insert current month><insert multiple exclamation points>

The <insert name of another section> is really coming along very well and they will really impress people. The work they've been given is extremely complex and when it's clean.....look out <insert more exclamation points>

Overall, I see the <insert name of corps> breaking into semis this year <if they've not been to semis in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... cracking the top 12 <if they've not been in the top 12 in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... clearly in the top 6 <if they've not been in the top 6 in the past 10 years>.

........................................................... winning it all <if they haven't won in the past 10 years>.

But, it's still early. I understand that lot's of members still have school committments and they will be moving in soon. <read "we got a lot of holes right now">

I understand there might be one or two <read several> openings in the <insert name of section>section and maybe a <insert name of another section>spot <read "we'll look at anyone who shows up">, but those spots won't last. <read "hope we can fill them in by the 4th of July or we'll have to close in the holes">

I can't wait until this season starts. It's going to a great year <insert even more exclamation points> <read "We don't even have a semi driver or any cooks and I hope they can just get down the road at this point">

This sounds about right, hahaha :beer:

I couldn't agree more. This type of post drives me nuts. And it happens over and over again.

That being said, I'm heading to Rockford on Saturday for the whole day, and maybe Friday night. I'll post a report. And it won't just be saying how great everything is.

:beer: Unless everything is great, that is.

Camps? Why does everyone keep calling move-in "camp"

Because not everyone on DCP has a naturally oppositional personality and doesn't care one way or another.