U S Open 1977

Hi everyone,

In 1977 a corps I was with the Holy Family Defenders of Rockland, MA went to the US Open and made Open class finals.

I am looking for recaps, or the names of any photographer that might have been there. I went through a couple of people that worked that show but they don't remember if anyone that might have taken photos of that show, prelims or finals.

We have a reunion in July so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dale

Hey Dale,

According to "From the Pressbox", you guys finished 11th in prelims - one spot out. But I trust your memory... Sorry I can't help.

Hi everyone,

In 1977 a corps I was with the Holy Family Defenders of Rockland, MA went to the US Open and made Open class finals.

I am looking for recaps, or the names of any photographer that might have been there. I went through a couple of people that worked that show but they don't remember if anyone that might have taken photos of that show, prelims or finals.

Thanks

Dale

I wonder if Moe Knox went out there for that show. He always seemed to be EVERYWHERE.

He had a website at one time...not sure if he still does or not.

Hey Dale,

According to "From the Pressbox", you guys finished 11th in prelims - one spot out. But I trust your memory... Sorry I can't help.

The Finals Placements are as follows: from scores@corpsreps

1. Seneca Optimists 85.050

2. Crossmen 84.850

3. Squires 81.450

4. Oakland Crusaders 79.900

5. Royal Crusdaers 74.350

6. Avante Garde 73.850

7. K-W Northstars 70.150

8. Offensive Lions 70.900

9. Royal Brigade 69.050

10. Saints 68.950

11. Holy Family Defenders 68.700

12. Cadets of Greece 68.050

That was one long night !!!! Thanks to the RAIN of course !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

At 1977 U.S. Open finals the Defenders scored 15.20 in total M & M (8th place) Caption winner Optimists scored 19.40

In total percussion they scored 16.60 (8th place) Caption winner Oakland Crusaders scored 18.45

In total brass they scored 16.10 (12th place) Caption winner Crossmen scored 21.50

In total GE they scored 20.80 (11th place) Caption winner Optimists scored 27.60

I would say Moe Knox.

Moe Knox

26 Fairview St

Devon, CT 06460

(203) 874-1003

moeknox@aol.com

Thanks,

I spoke with Moe a few times and he did not go that far west. He stayed in the NJ/CT area and didn't even get to the World Open that year.

I did also speak with the radio station and then one of the old committee members. He faxed me a copy of the program cover but had no pictures or recaps. The newspaper is a possibility, I'll go in that direction but if anyone knows of anyone that might have pics from 77 of the Defenders I would appreciate it.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Dale

Dale, One of the Bluecoats former parents/boosters/all around great guy Dave Delap made recordings of a bunch of the US Open performances. I don't know how I ended up with these recordings (Dave died in 1990 and they were passed along to the corps and they have made their way into my possession now) but I might actually have your corps performance on tape. I will look and if I have it, would be glad to donate it to you, if for no other reason than your corps alumni should have it.

Check with me at darren.webb@insightbb.com if you don't hear back from me.

DW

Dale, One of the Bluecoats former parents/boosters/all around great guy Dave Delap made recordings of a bunch of the US Open performances. I don't know how I ended up with these recordings (Dave died in 1990 and they were passed along to the corps and they have made their way into my possession now) but I might actually have your corps performance on tape. I will look and if I have it, would be glad to donate it to you, if for no other reason than your corps alumni should have it.

Check with me at darren.webb@insightbb.com if you don't hear back from me.

DW

Dale, I just went through a huge box of old recordings. I have just about every other corps except yours all the way back to '72. Some amazing recordings.

Sorry.

DW

Dale, I just went through a huge box of old recordings. I have just about every other corps except yours all the way back to '72. Some amazing recordings.

Sorry.

DW

That was the year the Milford Shoreliners placed 3rd behind the Bluecoats. Would you have any recordings from 1977 Milford Shoreliners? I have been trying for years to find one.

Thanks