MTSU Floyd Stadium

I'm thinking about attending the Masters of the Summer Music Games contest at Middle Tennessee State University, but I'm unsure how many rows are in each section (which obviously determines how high or low I would be), and I haven't been able to find a seating chart on the Internet that shows row numbers.

Can anyone help with some information on how many rows are in each section?

Edited by davam

I'm thinking about attending the Masters of the Summer Music Games contest at Middle Tennessee State University, but I'm unsure how many rows are in each section (which obviously determines how high or low I would be), and I haven't been able to find a seating chart on the Internet that shows row numbers.

I cannot give you exact numbers; but the home side has aprox. 50 rows in the middle; and 45 outside of the pressbox area. It is slightly shallow in the lower half of the stadium; but above the first 10 rows you should not have any problem seeing everything. The upper stands are great insofar as vision; but I personally like about half-way up; the sound and vision balances out. (You get echo distortion at the top of the stadium. The back stands tend to amplify the ricochet of the sound.)

Anywhere in section 1RR 15-25 rows up (if that works in 1RR) would be perfect seats. I've sat in this section all but 1 year for this show, and these are definitely the best seats in the house.

Anywhere in section 1RR 15-25 rows up (if that works in 1RR) would be perfect seats. I've sat in this section all but 1 year for this show, and these are definitely the best seats in the house.

That sounds great. Right now Ticketmaster is showing availability in row 22 in Section 1RR - sounds like it's right in my wheelhouse. Thanks for the response.

Judging by this pic, I'd say there are a LOT of rows:

Murfreesboro.jpg

2007_mtsu.gif

one of, if not THE best pre-Finals show in the country- its always packed even around the sides... i guess thats why they went up to 50 bucks for the good seats!--- but seriously- this is an incredible show to go to and i would highly encourage you to check it out-

for the seating- i might reccommend going slightly higher than you're used to- the low seats are REALLY low- you wont be able to make out much at all... i'd aim for at least 60% up or higher for this one-

I could...walk across the street and count them if need be...heh

Honestly though, I think some of the corps best performances have happened here...its an intense show considering the fans vote on the order, and sometimes some "late night" groups can go on in the afternoon....

Its my favorite show of the year, best fans, good weather, and its always been close to home...

My understanding is that there are enough rows to go all the way to the press box.

Elmo Blatch

That sir....was PURE EVIL!!!! ^0^