Notes to our rivals

I think I recall reading somewhere that the SCV - VK rilvalry was pretty intense back in the day. Gail Royer telling the brass players to take out their mouthpieces and put them in their fists during retreat or something like that. I wasn't there, but I guess he figured that something might hit the fan.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2005...

To Madison - We lost to you all year until we tied you then jumped over on finals night. To be honest, when I got home and finally saw your show I no longer had questions about our closeness throughout the summer. Your hornline was amazing, maybe you just peaked too early?? I don't know. It definately made the summer fun to have something to strive for. Anyway, cheers to you on a great show in a great year.

To Crown - I got so sick and tired of warming up next to you guys and hearing "ba daaaa" and "a mighty fortress." You guys did sound really good though.

To SCV - sorry for your nightmare of a summer. I do have to thank you though...as many corps benefitted from your drop. I'm definately glad to see you back on the rise again.

To the rest of the pack at the top - too bad we never caught up to you. I feel if we had made more changes early on our show would have been even better...not to say we would have won or anything. But the funniest thing is, the first show of the year we were within .9 of the Cadets...its funny to compare early season scores to the final product since we where like 5-pointed by you guys...lol.

I think I recall reading somewhere that the SCV - VK rilvalry was pretty intense back in the day. Gail Royer telling the brass players to take out their mouthpieces and put them in their fists during retreat or something like that. I wasn't there, but I guess he figured that something might hit the fan.

:doh::doh::doh::huh::doh:

Pioneer '95 - Sorry about that. It should never have happened, and we paid the price.

VK '95 - I saw your corps members urinating on our bus. Don't think we didn't notice. We still beat you.

BK '95 - Really? We lost to _that_?

Magic '95 - Congrats, but you know everyone was pulling for us.

Madison '95 - You only had the biggest crowd reaction on Saturday because we weren't there.

99 Capital Regiment: You guys came out in 99 and took most of our members from 98. you were twice our size, yet we still womped you most of the season. MWAHAHA! Needless to say, we were not amused by our tie for 9th place at Div 3 prelims.

I held that grudge against cap reg until 2001 when they went head to head with the NIU football team. I have held high respect for them ever since.

Edited by BTBeck1

Pioneer '95 - Sorry about that. It should never have happened, and we paid the price.

VK '95 - I saw your corps members urinating on our bus. Don't think we didn't notice. We still beat you.

Madison '95 - You only had the biggest crowd reaction on Saturday because we weren't there.

Wow, I was about apologize, but reading what you have to say man is quite disturbing. There's no way imo you could have even come close to the reaction that Scouts had that year. They had a truly special show.

Oh yah, that's right you're in the corps that seriously injured some one for breaking ranks. HARD CORE DUDE!

Edited by VKCanosUSMCContra

Bitter much?

Pinwiz I always had a hunch that you are a dumba## now it is proven that you are. I saw your show 3 times that year

and I can't remember much about it yet Madison show is burned in my memory forever. You do not reperesent

your corp very well at all. they have class - you don't. <**>

99 Capital Regiment: You guys came out in 99 and took most of our members from 98. you were twice our size, yet we still womped you most of the season. MWAHAHA! Needless to say, we were not amused by our tie for 9th place at Div 3 prelims.

My, what a creative imagination you have. The only member of CR99 that marched in Glory the previous year was Zeke in the hornline, at least that I can recall. I think I remember him telling me some stuff about Glory and Golden Lancers (or someone) merging the year before, and how he didn't dig the staff vibe over there anymore. Then again, you're talking about 8 years ago, so it's hard to say. We had a lot of respect for you guys, as I recall. Especially since we shared the pain of being tied out of finals. OUCH.

I remember the next year reading a DCW article that talked up how the two corps were continuing our rivalry from the previous year. We were like "We have a rivalry with Glory? Wait, we had one last year too?"

Funny how that works.

And just to keep it OT:

Twilight Optimist 99: You guys had like 8 people in your entire corps. Hats off to you for just being out there. I was seriously in awe of you every time you went by. If only everyone loved their corps as much.