DCPI Times kick off article

go check out the first article of DCPI Times season 8! http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/index.php?...7&Itemid=31

we have a FULL report for you this time with lots of interesting stuff! The staff will be trying to pull together a report each Friday for you to kick off the big weekend shows and review the previous week. This first one is filled with pre-season information, camp interviews and highlights of the pre-season shows!

now this reporter needs to finish preparing for his real trip to Annapolis MD!!!! Good luck to everyone as the season kicks off tonight!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!! You failed the mention the return of the perennial top 12 Skylarks after a season off because of financial issues the occured in season VI. :wub:

Well thats because OF COURSE that was going to get a SPECIAL article in Volume 2....

:huh:

Well thats because OF COURSE that was going to get a SPECIAL article in Volume 2....

:huh:

The dismount was excellent and but there was a bit of trouble on the landing but he did recover nicely. This will reflect favorably for the judges (except for possibly the French judge). :wub:

Edited by sburstall

Those pesky French judges...

I like the Part about Tri-Color moving up into the elite group, "because 4th placeThe Knights weren't there"... LOL

I don't mean to sound cocky here, but I think its safe to say... Had Tri-Color competed last season, there would have been 1 corps bumped out of finals that was there last season... And had I kept Emerald Regime competing, there would have been another-- I saw what their opening scores were, and they were certainly right there with the rest of the competition... We are back!

Take a look at previous seasons scores--Tri-Color is certainly a contender and perennial finalist! :-) It sucks to have won semifinals 2-3 seasons in a row, then drop down in placement. We have been so close. I feel like we are the Phantom Regiment on DCP--the best corps to not win a title yet. When it happens, it won't be a co-champion title though ;-)

But this was a great write up Gary. I am looking forward to reading the Division II press when you get that up.

Edited by Matthew

I like the Part about Tri-Color moving up into the elite group, "because 4th placeThe Knights weren't there"... LOL

But this was a great write up Gary. I am looking forward to reading the Division II press when you get that up.

by elite I was talking about not just top 12 but the top 5...and since they didnt compete in DCPI 7, I cant count them as part of the elite of DCPI 7 which is what I was talking about...that being said--I have no doubt that Tri-Color is going to be part of the elite of DCPI 8, which was basically my point...I have to say I was pretty favoritive toward Tri-Color and hope their performances keep me there! Its a great group--I do try to write these as if I was just reporting on a drum corps circuit and have no attachment to any...my real reviews of shows are about the same--I will tear my favorite corps apart just as fast as give props to my least favorite if its warranted...

Thanks for the kudos, I have to thank Cedric Leavell who did a great job with the division III report and David Smith who will be doing the Division II report. I think it will add a lot to the times this season to cover all 3 divisions!

I know Gary, I was just pulling your lobster tail... (okay bad joke!) ahaha, I just wanted to give you a hard time. Youve always done a great job with writing these as if you were a real DCPI Reporter. I like your style, because you cover all Divisions, which is important. To be honest, I thought Division II was the most competitive division last season. Bleu Knights members have jumped ship over to Emerald Regime this year, so I do not know what is going on over at BK right now...

Thanks for the kind words about Tri-Color. I am glad someone liked our shows... It was always a love and hate thing with the audience... once we started going on "our own path".

:-)

To be honest, I thought Division II was the most competitive division last season.

I agree---division II was a very competitive division last year--I think that goes along with the whole idea too that its about quality. Its not about having 50 corps in the division, its about having a solid group that is neck and neck making it really exciting. I'd rather be with a smaller group of the competitors you get here in DCPI then 25 you might get elsewhere, but half of them are at half your score. Note to the new guys and girls, its about what you put into it here--it can be tons of fun and be very competitve as many of us take it pretty seriously, or you can stand on the side and get crushed. Its not about having done this for 15 years or won 5 championships--its a lot more about heart and determination that gets you a title!

and Matt--kick some butt at Cascade! I won't be able to cheer for you until Allentown but the better you all do, the better my life will be (hint hint)! LOL

Oh and:

I was just pulling your lobster tail...

BOOO!!!!! LOL