Russellville, AL

I saw you're a member of P.O.D. Hmmm... Let's start something....

The UNA Pride of Dixie is the best marching band in this state. :sumo:- :sumo:- :sumo:-

Bah, Roll Tide!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got Auburn and UAB beat. Oh and P.O.D. one time ... (Muscle Shoals exhibition) cough, cough.

Unless our Director, though he's the man, gets on the ball about what shows to do that challenge us but PLEASE THE CROWD, I fear the MDB might become stagnant...

Maybe I'm biased... nothings beats the 2002 one-time-only performance of Halftime of a Lifetime... if anyone knows what I'm talking about :P

Unless our Director, though he's the man, gets on the ball about what shows to do that challenge us but PLEASE THE CROWD, I fear the MDB might become stagnant...

I marched MDB in 03 and 04...I'm afraid it's already stagnant. You just can't do stuff like Chester and Overture from Candide at Alabama football games. Now, after hearing every other college band in the state -- except for the HBCUs and West Alabama -- not a one of them has a better ensemble sound than Alabama. Boring as all get out, but the sound the best.

I really miss Kathryn's shows. :(

Check this: both MDB and the Southerners are doing the exhibition at BOA Atlanta this year. It'll either be great, or a bloodbath.

Edited by lowend

Check this: both MDB and the Southerners are doing the exhibition at BOA Atlanta this year. It'll either be great, or a bloodbath.

MDB?

News of MDB playing at BOA reached J'ville some time ago.

*cough*Blow Southerners!*cough*

In all seriousness, I look forward to seeing the Million Dollar Band in Atlanta this fall. While the Pride of Dixie is my second favorite band in this state, I'm generally pleased with what I've seen throughout this state as a whole. HCBUs included. JSU gets to play Alabama State this year and I'm excited! I love my adopted home state. Nothing but love for all of Province 34, past and present ...

As for drum corps, I might make the trip up to Russellville just to get out of J'ville and I'll definitely be in J'ville on the 15th 'cause it's a good 3000 foot walk from my house to good ol' Paul Snow. :P

You might want to go ahead and order your tickets soon for the JSU show, because advance ticket sales are going very well. It appears that tomorrow night's show at Milton High School will be a sell-out, and with nearly a month of ticket sales left for JSU, it could also be a sell-out.

The MDB (Million Dollar Band) has recently added some new blood to its staff in the form of Randall Coleman, the new Associate Director under Ken Ozzello. Randall, a JSU Marching Southerners alumnus who went to grad school at 'Bama, was previously at Milton High School, is a past president of the Georgia Music Educators Association, and ran a very successful competitive program at Milton. He was instrumental (pun!) in inviting tomorrow night's Atlanta Brass Classic to Milton High School, and he & Ken Ozzello are presenting the medals at tomorrow's show.

The new director at Milton is Ryan Borger, who's leaving a very successful program at Miamisburg (OH) High School-- WGI guard and percussion folks will probably be familiar with the name and program. Unfortunately, we understand he's in the process of moving and won't be at the show tomorrow.

BOA at the Georgia Dome... MDB and the Southerners all there at once... that'll be fun, woo!

Running (wrangling? herding?) 2 shows in 48 hours and counting new gray hairs while waiting on scores,

GG

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

While I don't condone the act of posting copyrighted video on this forum, I can't promise that if you searched YouTube for "Halftime of a Lifetime" you wouldn't come up with a totally awesome recording of, IMO, the best show MDB has ever done...

:sumo:

The MDB (Million Dollar Band) has recently added some new blood to its staff in the form of Randall Coleman, the new Associate Director under Ken Ozzello.

I heard about this today, too... not sure if this is good, bad, or neutral for us... :sumo::sumo: