Russellville, AL

Coleman was actually assistant director before Neal Flum. I don't know enough about him to make a judgement call, so I'll look at it in the affirmative. When we played UGA in Athens in 2003, we did a halftime exhibition at Milton and we were treated EXTREMELY well. Nothing rocks more than Dreamland BBQ before a performance! :-D

I'm planning on being at Paul Snow myself...I love going to shows there. Looks like a great lineup too!

HS!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't condone the act of posting copyrighted video on this forum, I can't promise that if you searched YouTube for "Halftime of a Lifetime" you wouldn't come up with a totally awesome recording of, IMO, the best show MDB has ever done...

:sumo:

I don't condone this either, but 1990 Sugar Bowl "Gospel Show" is a great thing to look up on YouTube too. Perhaps my favorite example of the classic Million Dollar Band sound that is found only in the charts that Larry Kerchner arranged for the band. Well, that, a powerhouse trombone section, and 36 Sousaphones! b**bs

Edited by lowend

Check out some media on the Southerners website.

www.marchingsoutherners.org

I will have to say that Southerners, POD, and MDB are the three best college marching bands in the state.

POD has few cool shows on youtube as well. Check 'em out.

Would anybody care to nominate Troy or Auburn shows? :-P

Troy has had some outstanding hornlines, but i haven't seen them march lately. It used to be very minimal drill work.

Auburn, in the stands, is one of the better SEC bands. On the field, not so much.

I saw Troy last year...their drill work is probably some of the most demanding for a college band. Lately, some of their tempi have been at 180 bpm and above. One of the things that wigs me out about them is that they always have their sections mixed together in the drill, so you really need to be centered in front of them, or you can get the impression of balance issues that aren't really there from the front.

Look for Auburn to get better...they just hired a Bama grad to direct their marching band! :-P

Edited by lowend