Spirit last night

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif Edited by garfield_cadets

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see SPIRIT again Saturday nite in Alpharetta, GA.

Their score should move up .

I will post a review of that show Saturday nite.

true it is early in the season, but I don't think the design is as strong as some of the stuff they have done in the past - judging by past performance, I'm speculating that the drill will still be dirty in August (I don't mean now, of course - everyone is dirty now)

maybe i am just bitter because their Imogen Heap was exceedingly lame in my opinion...what what the deal with that latin-esque backbeat??

Of course it would be great for them to prove me wrong :)

Edited by KingJoeVII

I really enjoyed Spirit's show last night. I also thought that their brass section was a little better than Glassmen. I hope they continue to work hard, because I think this show has a lot of potential. The drill was pretty neat, too.

For anyone that's interested, Mr. Bodiford is actually making routine updates on the corps' website. You can find on the forums under "Ken's Korner". There's also a post on there today from a seven year vet. Seeing as she's been with the corps since it began it's official affiliation with JSU, I'd like to think she's seen a bit.

Spirit was actually very strong in many ways in Annapolis. Harder drill? Yes. Better hornline? Yes Better drumline? Yes. Better guard? Not yet. They seemed to have stepped it up a little this year in the design department. I was a little surprised to see this to be honest and from what it looks like, it is probably their only chance of staying a finalist since everyone seems to be doing better this year. The race for 10-12 is going to be the most interesting of all. I think that the west coast is heading for the top spots!

Spirit WILL be there finals night, and not in 12th place either. They are going to surprise a lot of people this year with this show.

I saw them Saturday in Annapolis.

I really liked the show and enjoyed the corps.

The visual program is way up in demand. They are MOVIN' out there! Saturday they really struggled with that and it was very dirty but the potential is sure there. It's a matter of adjusting and cleaning.

The guard really did have a bad night. I don't know if it was just that night or if they are having consistant problems or not.

The music book is also more difficult. The few times they weren't running all over the place and were able to really play they sounded great! As they get a handle on the drill and are better able to play they'll be SMOKIN!

It's a matter of coming to terms with the difficulty.

I especially enjoyed the un-miced singing at the end of the ballad as they fade off into the corner. Followed by a sudden burst of movement and sound. ^OO^

Forgot to mention:

LOVE the new uniforms! They really work well on the field. Look forward to seeing what the gaurds final uniform will be.

Edited by shawn craig

off topic,but those ugly uniforms dont help their cause much

I was there when the new uniforms were unveiled to the members, and I saw the genuine affection for them in the faces of the members. The members like them, and that's what's REALLY important, not whether you or I like them (I personally LOVE them, and I wore the original baby blue in the 70s.)

I've been watching drum corps since 1974, and have missed only one finals since 76. I can count on one hand (with a couple of fingers left over) the times when I could honestly say that a corps' uniform either detracted from or enhanced my enjoyment of their show.

Spirit WILL be there finals night, and not in 12th place either. They are going to surprise a lot of people this year with this show.

I see Spirit out of Finals this year with Crossmen moving into finals. I hear a lot of talk about how difficult the show is. Reading through this, I also see that they are struggling with the difficulty. I'm also not hearing many positive things about the guard.

I know it's one viewing and things can change over the course of the season, but when you start the season 6 points out of 12th, it's a lot of ground to make up.

Sorry to sit on your kitten, but I don't see Spirit making finals this year.