A Plea from a grieving father

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben--as a fellow father of 2 kids myself, I can't possibly know the depth of your grief. But I know the limitless amounts of love we can show our kids. I am so very very sorry for your loss. Your posting really hit me in the old solar plexus. A reminder to me of the sanctity of life and how freakin' short it is. Prayers for you.

You know, I was thinking about your request, and I was wondering if you couldn't contact Jennifer Johnson. I think she was in the guard then, even possibly the captain. I think she's still employed with BC as a business or tour manager. I've been friends with Jenn and her family for a long time--used to teach her in band many moons ago. Anyway--she may have pics or her dad would. That might be a resource for you.

In any event--wow--you are brave and strong to post up here and I'm hoping that you find what you're looking for. Again, I feel for your loss, and hopefully you gain a bit of strength from complete utter strangers like me giving you a little virtual hug and a prayer.

Ryan

Thank you! Always tell your loved ones that you love them as often as you can. The last conversation I had with my Jessi was about my new glasses. I fully expected to see her later in the day. So Love them while you have them! Thanks for virtual hugs......all hugs are good ones and the ones we are getting on here are not from strangers but from our drum corps family. God Bless

It's about to move onto the second page.

That depends on your post and thread settings, but it doesn't mean we can't bump it again

That's a very good point

I've been in car accidents, dumped motorcycles on the fly, and almost overdosed on various narcotics, yet I'm still alive, which amazes me to this day. Maybe God is like Drum Corps - He only wants the best. My prayers are with you and your daughter. God Bless.

I raised the question about pinning this...

It actually may be worse overall...there are already 3 things pinned up there...people have already read what's up there and forgotten it all

It actually might get glossed over more that way

Bumping is probably the better answer

I was very sad to hear about Jessica. I marched with your daughters. I didn't get to know them very well but I do remember being fond of both of them.

I do have a couple of things to offer-

I have the 2000 yearbook cd. A traditional yearbook was prepared that year but was sent out as a .pdf on a cd due to problems getting it printed. It's filled with black and white pictures of the corps, sections, members, and candids. It also has all the scores and other stuff from that season. The whole thing is 11MB in size, so I might be able to send it as an email attachment. I can send it immediately if you don't have it.

I also have the 2000 video yearbook on VHS. As I remember it, it's several montages of candid, practice, and performance pictures followed by the hi-cam version of the finals performance. However I haven't watched it in a few years and don't know what shape it's in. Unless someone speaks up and says they know of a version of it already on DVD, I'll take mine out and work on burning it myself.

Let me know if either of these are needed - I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Hi,

I am with The Academy, I own a video production company, I would be very happy to trasfer the vhs tape to DVD.

email me at gvprod@earthlink.net if you need help.

I raised the question about pinning this...

It actually may be worse overall...there are already 3 things pinned up there...people have already read what's up there and forgotten it all

It actually might get glossed over more that way

Bumping is probably the better answer

Yeah, pinning seems to do little good. When a topic is stuck, it becomes part of the scenery and nobody notices it.