A Plea from a grieving father

My daughter Jessica Van Kurin marched in the guard in 2000 in the Bluecoats. She recently died on February 24th at the age of 24 from heart related problems. As we have been going through our things we have noticed that we have virtually no footage and not many pictures of her and her sister Kira Farley(Van Kurin) from that year. I am hoping that all you Bluecoat fans out there have footage and pictures that you would share with me. I watched her perform tonite with my new copy of the DCI DVD from that year but I am hoping there is some more personal footage and pictures out there in your archives that you could share with this grieving Bluecoat and Spectrum Family. If you have anything contact me at tradition@juno.com and I will thank you from the bottom of my grieving heart. Go Bloo!

Pops VK

Edited by tradition

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry for your loss! Take a look at jolesch.com they have pictures form many years of groups and individuals both on and off the field. It it isn't online you can try calling them. They might be able to dig something up for you.

All the best.

From a fellow parent, I am sorry for your loss. I feel that you will be able to take some small measure of solace from being welcomed by this community, for you will always have a connection with drum corps through your daughter's labor of love in drum corps. I hope you will be successful in your efforts and my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Might also want to try http://www.corpsreps.com.

They have a pretty good archive. :)

Did they do a tour video that year?

You may check the corps website and see. If so, that could provide a lot of nice footage.

Hi - my name is Ken and I am a proud alum of the Bluecoats. I've got a large collection of photos but sadly not many from 2000. However, I have a great friend who taught the color guard that year who probably has (or can get a hold of) some photos for you. There are also numerous guard members from 2000 who are still around and active with the corps and alumni organization. I'll start a quest for you and I'll be in touch.

I'm sure I speak for the entire Blue Family when I say that your daughter will be missed ... and most of all... when Autumn Leaves start to fall.

Peace, Love and lots of BLOOOO!

kf

I'm sure I speak for the entire Blue Family when I say that your daughter will be missed ... and most of all... when Autumn Leaves start to fall.

Just...wow. That's a great sentiment.

So sorry for your loss, I hope you find what you're looking for.

There are no words that will ever be able to express the deep sense of loss we feel but our drum corps family has really helped us through some of the tough times. I would invite anyone of Jessi's friends from Bluecoats or from Spectrum that would like to plant a flower in her memorial garden that we have started in our back yard to please contact us. Desiree and Brooklynne have already made their presence felt with some beautiful flowers. Everytime we look out into the garden we are reminded of the Bluecoats. God Bless you all for making her feel so welcome. I hope that someday I will be able to do something special for the corps.

Edited by tradition

Bump