Texas' First DCA Competition

Had it rained I'm sure the first few drops would have turned to steam. That field was insanely hot.

But, it was nice to at least get off the concrete that we've been on lately. I cannot wait for the natural FLAT green natural grass of St. Pious in Houston and the stadiums in Minnesota. Especially Minnesota since it's bound to be cooler than Texas in August.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was freakin awesome (minus the shoes almost melting in the heat!)

Great pictures Brent! Thanks for posting those. It shows off our new unis nicely. We were so happy with them. A little more tweaking and we'll have our new look complete.

It was great to have a show so close to home. And I look forward to doing it again in Houston later this summer. Soon, we'll have a circuit down here with all the new activity. It's a good time to be in Texas and Louisiana.

Edited by Euphscott

Great pictures Brent! Thanks for posting those. It shows off our new unis nicely. We were so happy with them. A little more tweaking and we'll have our new look complete.

It was great to have a show so close to home. And I look forward to doing it again in Houston later this summer. Soon, we'll have a circuit down here with all the new activity. It's a good time to be in Texas and Louisiana.

And Oklahoma and Kansas and.......

Great job guys. Drum Corps is expanding and thats great!

I cant wait till we can have shows in the west that dont need any help from Jr. Corps.

Interesting note: Both Revo and Xmen have indicated interest in Brass Hysteria next year. I think it's neat that an all-age corps can host junior corps. :)

Edited by FrontierEuph

I don't know if Minnesota's cooler than Texas (it probably is), but this past two weeks has been hovering in the 90s, so don't bring your parkas.

I don't know if Minnesota's cooler than Texas (it probably is), but this past two weeks has been hovering in the 90s, so don't bring your parkas.

I think I brought the TX humidity back home with me :(

Congrats to ALL for a great showing Sunday!!!!! Looks to be a very promising year :)

See you all either in August or in Rochester

Interesting note: Both Revo and Xmen have indicated interest in Brass Hysteria next year. I think it's neat that an all-age corps can host junior corps. :)

If this is true, then TX drum corps is gonna take off greatly within the next 5 years!!

If this is true, then TX drum corps is gonna take off greatly within the next 5 years!!

If you consider where we were 5 years ago, I'd say Texas Drum Corps has already taken off. It never ceases to amaze me how much we've accomplished in such a short amount of time.

this space intentionally left blank.

Edited by FrontierEuph