bones

Exactly. Are they doing it? (I ask because when we changed directors my 1st year it was lost in the shuffle for a while and I'd hate for that to happen to anyone else.)

They've been doing it the last few years. I know for a fact that we did in 2000, and 01.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where they will be staying for Hershey? I know the website says they have enough volunteers, but I'd like to help out any way I can.

I was hoping to try to volunteer a good chunk this year but due to my DCA rehearsal schedule, I can only help out one day.

Crossmen's uniforms are really awesome this year. I love them so much.

With the alterations Crossmen made, they remind me a lot of the 90s unis. Those are the best unis I've ever seen.

I especially like the red stripe and red sequins sash across the chest.

You are probably right. But, by standard definitions, there wouldn't be until it's almost too late to matter.

I'm just having a little fun with numbers. To date, that's the situation. The R-squared for the total score compared to the visual score is a .772. The next correlation is a .481 (GE vs. Total Score).

Perhaps it's not statistically significant, but I still find it interesting. Since I'll be adding data points as we go along, it will continue to be so. IMO.

Your mileage may vary.

Precicely. Only after the season is over will there be sufficient data points to draw any meaningful statistical inferences, so to do so before that is no better then bending over and pulling one out of your rear. And not only is that not statistically significant, it's not highly correlated. You would need an r-squared of at least .8 (if not .9) to be highly correlated.

Precicely. Only after the season is over will there be sufficient data points to draw any meaningful statistical inferences, so to do so before that is no better then bending over and pulling one out of your rear. And not only is that not statistically significant, it's not highly correlated. You would need an r-squared of at least .8 (if not .9) to be highly correlated.

Well, I'll keep doing it anyway. If you don't want to buy it or even give it any value, that's your choice.

All I'm saying is that so far--and the results from Bristol continue and strengthen the pattern--there's a closer relationship between the Visual Total and the overall Total than any other caption.

Again, if you want to think it's meaningless and I'm "pulling it out of my rear", that's your choice. I appreciate your opinion, but you aren't going to stop me from analyzing it for my own reasons.

Edited by barigirl78

You two and the math stuff make my head hurt! :)

Am I right in saying scores go up, they go down, they go up again, and we can't tell from one show to the next at this point as to which way it will turn out....

Kyle, as of the other day (Monday) the corps still didn't have housing for Allentown or Hershey. I had a lead on a place in DE the other day but it didn't pan out.

Don't know if they or DCI have sorted anything out yet but I hope they know soon since I'm supposed to work the truck on Saturday.

This just in...

Housing sites for Crossmen

Allentown Housing per the YEA Crossmen info is as follows:

Phillip Lauer Middle School

2400 Firmstone Street

Easton, PA 18042

Monday July 9th

Valley Forge Military Academy

Well, I'll keep doing it anyway. If you don't want to buy it or even give it any value, that's your choice.

All I'm saying is that so far--and the results from Bristol continue and strengthen the pattern--there's a closer relationship between the Visual Total and the overall Total than any other caption.

Again, if you want to think it's meaningless and I'm "pulling it out of my rear", that's your choice. I appreciate your opinion, but you aren't going to stop me from analyzing it for my own reasons.

Feel free to analyze and comment. I'm not gonna try to stop you. But if you are going to try to say there is some type of statistical signficane or correlation when there is not, I'm gonna call you on the carpet for it.