Rockford, IL June 23, 2007

How 'bout that PR percussion, eh? In the encore performance (which you missed) there were comments about whether Regiment might have won DCI titles outright in 1979, '89 and '96 had the 2007 drum line been around then. The encore was to die for despite the fact we did not get to hear this year's show again. For those who weren't there, Regiment took the crowd back in time with stirring arrangements from '96 (Defiant Heart), '91 (Nessun Dorma), '89 (New World Symphony) and a wonderful rendition of 1979's "Elsa's Procession into the Cathedral." :)

At the risk of sounding offended, which I'm not, we had a rocking drum line in 79'. We beat the Devs at finals and were only .25 behind SCV in prelims.

Thanks for the great review! Outstanding!

Edited by Kevlar496

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice how big the crowd was, despite meager advanced ticket sales? The walk-up sales were phenomenal! The rain held off again, and the lingering clouds gave us the added bonus of not having to peer into a bright sun for the first few corps. :wub:

Actually, advance sales weren't all that far off the past few years and walk-up was down a bit (probably some got scared off by the potential for rain).

Turned out to be a pretty darn nice crowd ... and a terrific night for a show -- no hot sticky people in the stands!!

Good to see you (briefly).

And like Stef said, the pig was great! The guys at Eickman's do a fantastic job every year for us. I must toot my own horn on that a bit: That was my idea a few years ago.

:)

Actually, advance sales weren't all that far off the past few years and walk-up was down a bit (probably some got scared off by the potential for rain).

Turned out to be a pretty darn nice crowd ... and a terrific night for a show -- no hot sticky people in the stands!!

Good to see you (briefly).

And like Stef said, the pig was great! The guys at Eickman's do a fantastic job every year for us. I must toot my own horn on that a bit: That was my idea a few years ago.

:)

Eickman's...Pig...Drool.

Wow, it looks kinda cold in Rockford for June..... :doh::doh:

Actually, that's Marquette, MI in June. :laugh: The "Beef" pictured here, or as the kids up here call it "Barf-n-Chew" or "Grease-a-Roo", is located on Front Street, near the lake. I live 4 blocks from the one in Negaunee, MI. Whenever I'm visiting Rockford with various groups, they all want to go to Beef-A- Roo and I always think "great....., I just ate there yesterday!" :)

Edited by vonriedesel

no hot sticky people in the stands!!

HEY! Speak for yourself!

erm.. :huh: I mean.. uhh..

nevermind.

:huh:

Stef