After listening to the APDs

Sooo Crown doesn't fit into your top 6?

Right now they are either 6th or 7th. I really love their sound, but I also think their show will get higher for me when I hear it again. But its kinda hard to say between them and the Cavies when I only heard them perform on the first show. While I saw Blooo and Cadets at the first show, I felt their sound was a little better. But all talk aside, Crown definately has one of the best shows I've heard from them. :worthy:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to agree with you thoughts especially about Phantoms show. I have been told there are some big things happening so I'm not worried. Someone mentioned they sound tired and I think that is accurate. I'm thinking it's better to be tired now and develope the lung capacity and stamina before the big shows than to play total controlled like the Cavies do (Not knocking them) and lose the powerful sound. It's the Big picture that matters. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the most competitive finals ever!

I think we can create a new television series called "America's Top Drumcorp", the unedited version of course!

Phantom can never be discounted. The last several years they have take early season shows that had some problems and really developed them into some of the best shows of any corps the last 5 years.

I've listened to several of the APDs, several times. Here's my thoughts: (and rankings)

1. Bluecoats - to me this is the BEST total music package of the year, much as Faust was with PR in 06.

2. SCV - can't wait to hear this live

3. Cavaliers - their best since 007

4. Carolina Crown - just keep getting better and better, nice drumline

5. Phantom - some nice moments, but not close to last year

6. Cadets - I appreciate that their web site gave me the choice of the no-narration version

7. Blue Devils - love the BD sound, but do not care for the arrangements at all

8. Glasssmen - this show is growing onme

9. Colts - I think they'll be performing on Saturday night

10. Academy - not sure this will get them into top 12

I urge everyone to give a listen (several) to Bluecoats. Their APD is of show #1 and is excellent, but

the improvement in a week from Annapolis (APD) to Toledo was amazing. This group could be the

corps to beat at the Rose Bowl.

PR this time last year was nowhere near where they ended up at Finals. I don't personally remember a lot of people saying "I see Phantom in second place" last year in June. And for good reason, because they really weren't that great yet, at that point...the greatness came later. I think they will bring this show into its own at just the right time...