Pacific Crest

Saw them 3 times last weekend. I agree, I agree, I agree. No need for it. Nice show, great volume, but no reason for the talking. The shuffling cards at the beginning are all that is needed unless the pit wants to add a much more slot-like cha ching, cha ching. I did notice they actually poured coins into a bucket but that doesn't happen anymore (sigh!!!) so the ching, ching, ching, ching of a slot machine could be done by the xylo's I'd have to say it greatly diminished my enjoyment of the show...vs. adding something to it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to... but have not found a good argument.... yet.

I'm surprised no one has thus far stood up and disagreed with the WGI assessment...

Hard to disagree with the comparison to WGI when Rubidoux H.S. from SoCal did a Las Vegas show with narration in 2004.

I haven't heard Pacific Crest's show but I love WGI shows but I also love DCI shows so I hope they stay seperate forever!

<snip>

But it all comes down to this - if judges reward it, others will add narration. Hopefully the judges won't get carried away on this bandwagon, just because narration is the 'flavor of the month'.

<snip>

This is what will truely decide the future of naration.

I think PC's show can stand up just fine without narration. The show comes through with only the music. Maybe a couple more props in the guard would help, but dump the narration. It isn't really saying much anyway.

Good Luck PC. Have a great season.

This is what will truely decide the future of naration.

I think PC's show can stand up just fine without narration. The show comes through with only the music. Maybe a couple more props in the guard would help, but dump the narration. It isn't really saying much anyway.

Good Luck PC. Have a great season.

How about dump ALL narration - everywhere! Seriously though, I've never seen PC perform - was really looking forward to seeing them this year. Now that I know they have narration, I'm not really excited at all.