Is Cadets the Corps to Beat? - Poll

Is Cadets the corps to beat?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Corps to beat?

• Yes
    • No, they aren't the best
    • Too early to tell

I voted "too soon."

I don't think we will have a really good understanding until after the Atlanta Regional. And even then, we probably really won't know until Finals week.

So why don't we at least wait until The Cadets have faced everyone from last year's top 6 (including The Cavaliers again) before we go calling them "the corps to beat."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a shot at being that corps if they go unbeaten up to and including the TX regional - IMHO

Except.. they've already been beaten...

Cavaliers are the only team that can't say that, they're the team to beat until someone does so.

I would have to agree that the Cadets have yet to beat Cavies face to face and have not even seen BD yet. so if there are any corps listed as the ones to beat it wuold currently be Cavies and BD with Cadets being next on the list since they haven't seen Cavies in a while.

I voted "too soon."

I don't think we will have a really good understanding until after the Atlanta Regional. And even then, we probably really won't know until Finals week.

So why don't we at least wait until The Cadets have faced everyone from last year's top 6 (including The Cavaliers again) before we go calling them "the corps to beat."

See, this isn't "I think they can win because they've beaten everyone else," it's "I think their show is so good, they're going to win."

Except.. they've already been beaten...

Cavaliers are the only team that can't say that, they're the team to beat until someone does so.

It should be understood that by saying "is corps x the team to beat?" what they're really asking is "is corps x the team to beat at the end of the year?"

Undefeated, or corps y beating corps x in June, none of that matters in the end, and I think we all know that. August in Pasadena is all that people will remember.

:huh:

Phantom and the Cavies are the two corps to beat this year

I think the Cadets show is just awful

I believe recitations stink

Right now, yes. I think Cadets are going to go on a roll here until mid-july. Sure they beat Phantom but we all know that Phantom doesn't start to add pieces until right about now and their show won't be complete till mid-July.

They are the ones to beat because they are setting the bar for everyone else to try to beat.

I think that might be more wishful thinking on your part. This isn't the 2006 Cadets where it was obvious from the start that the show had major obstacles to overcome to legitimately challenge for a title. This show is very well put together in comparison. It *might* just be more along the lines of 2005, when they got waxed by the Cavaliers in June and then went on a tear and pretty much owned the end of the season.

We shall see...

I could definitely be wrong - wouldn't be the first time! I hope not, though. I just hate to see any show with narration score so well. If they had no narration and kicked everyone's butt I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just my personal opinion.

I could definitely be wrong - wouldn't be the first time! I hope not, though. I just hate to see any show with narration score so well. If they had no narration and kicked everyone's butt I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just my personal opinion.

Well, they had spoken word (amped) in 2005 and kicked everyone's butt (swept all captions) at finals.