CURRENT STANDINGS

They still use D2/3 sheets even at D1 shows. No exceptions unless there's a huge screwup. I doubt that would happen two shows in a row.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still use D2/3 sheets even at D1 shows. No exceptions unless there's a huge screwup. I doubt that would happen two shows in a row.

You might doubt it, but to my understanding, this has happened much too often this season. Even to the point of having judges apologize to the staff of individual corps for the screwup.

Okay, so which corps and shows?

I just find it hard to believe that each judge would judge using the wrong sheet without noticing or questioning it, not to mention that DCI would then publish the scores without any disclaimer on said scores.

When it comes down to it, revo left tour afer a div2/3 show in which they jumped 16 pionts in 4 days. Then they came back to a div 1 show (I highly doubt they were on a div 1 sheet) where div2/3 corps score lower anyways. I think they are about where they should be, very respectable and very much still in the hunt.

Okay, so which corps and shows?

I just find it hard to believe that each judge would judge using the wrong sheet without noticing or questioning it, not to mention that DCI would then publish the scores without any disclaimer on said scores.

I'm not quoting names or throwing people under the bus...all I will say is that I am on tour with a drum corps...and this has happened on more than one occasion. In fact, DCI was even called by staff members because they were pretty upset about this happening. In addition, they also DID have a judge basically apologize for scoring them div 1 on a div 2/3 sheet.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

When it comes down to it, revo left tour afer a div2/3 show in which they jumped 16 pionts in 4 days. Then they came back to a div 1 show (I highly doubt they were on a div 1 sheet) where div2/3 corps score lower anyways. I think they are about where they should be, very respectable and very much still in the hunt.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING JUDGED ON DIV I SHEETS AND DIV II/III SHEETS IS EASY TOO QUANTIFY

LOOK AT MAGIC DIV II SCORE THE YEAR 2002 ON DIVII/III SHEETS THEY WERE A 99.05 .LATER THAT WEEK IN DIV I FINALS THEY SCORED AN 84.85. YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE IS A LITTLE OVER 14PTS.

NO OFFENSE TO REVO 'CAUSE I'M SURE THEY'RE HOT BUT ..... YOU TELLING ME THEY'RE A POINT ,POINT AND A HALF BETTER THAN SPARTANS? IF THEY ARE THEN THEY'RE COMPETING IN THE WRONG DIVISION AND SHOULD BE VERY EMBARASSED.

THAT SAID I'M NOT BUYIN' IT 'CAUSE I KNOW THEM AND THEY ALL HAVE TOO MUCH INTEGRITY AND CLASS TO DO SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT.

Edited by MARK74

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING JUDGED ON DIV I SHEETS AND DIV II/III SHEETS IS EASY TOO QUANTIFY

LOOK AT MAGIC DIV II SCORE THE YEAR 2002 ON DIVII/III SHEETS THEY WERE A 99.05 .LATER THAT WEEK IN DIV I FINALS THEY SCORED AN 84.85. YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE IS A LITTLE OVER 14PTS.

NO OFFENSE TO REVO 'CAUSE I'M SURE THEY'RE HOT BUT ..... YOU TELLING ME THEY'RE A POINT ,POINT AND A HALF BETTER THAN SPARTANS? IF THEY ARE THEN THEY'RE COMPETING IN THE WRONG DIVISION AND SHOULD BE VERY EMBARASSED.

THAT SAID I'M NOT BUYIN' IT 'CAUSE I KNOW THEM AND THEY ALL HAVE TOO MUCH INTEGRITY AND CLASS TO DO SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT.

I agree with Mark. You can't compare a drum corps to another that are in different divisions.

Division II and III use the same sheets, so scores are comparable across divisions, but there is no way in hell any of the scores have been on Division I sheets.

Division II and III use the same sheets, so scores are comparable across divisions, but there is no way in hell any of the scores have been on Division I sheets.

Really? I'm pretty sure that it's happened at least ONCE this summer...in at least ONE caption...