CURRENT STANDINGS

I think Revo has just found their groove... their percussion and ensemble scores have been solid. Their brass and guard scores have been steadlily improving there with each performance.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey already answered above--but wanted to chime in as well--

Spokane Thunder and Oregon Crusaders both are not getting into the game until late July...which of course, begs the question.

Anyone here going to accuse these two corps of cheating like PC was railed on a couple of years ago for a shortened tour and more time at home to rehearse? Just curious. It's a point that really burns me about this activity when people can say something as stupid as that...accusing corps of CHEATING.

Anyway...good luck to them and I can't wait to see everyone at Pasadena City College in August.

2. Jersey Surf - 73.075 (7/7)

They were the only Division II corps at Allentown. I'm sure the score would be different if they were with other div ii corps. This happens all the time. The numbers are not important. What is is that they got quality feedback from higher quality judges than Division II usually has, so that they can come back with a higher quality product.

Spokane Thunder and Oregon Crusaders both are not getting into the game until late July...which of course, begs the question.

Anyone here going to accuse these two corps of cheating like PC was railed on a couple of years ago for a shortened tour and more time at home to rehearse? Just curious. It's a point that really burns me about this activity when people can say something as stupid as that...accusing corps of CHEATING.

Anyway...good luck to them and I can't wait to see everyone at Pasadena City College in August.

Who is accusing them of cheating? I said that they're at an advantage for not getting into the game until late July. I just don't see how it's fair to other corps busting their chops all summer. I guess I just don't understand how it's fair in division 1 with another corps either but that's just me. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, I just personally don't think it's fair, is it alright for me to feel that way?

They were the only Division II corps at Allentown. I'm sure the score would be different if they were with other div ii corps. This happens all the time. The numbers are not important. What is is that they got quality feedback from higher quality judges than Division II usually has, so that they can come back with a higher quality product.

My point was only that this score had been missed in the standings.

Call it what you will Spokane Thunder is about to start all day practices for the next two weeks, and then we start competing.If you really think about it aren't we at a disadvantage? Not having judge feed back, and competing against drum corps who have been at this for abouta month and a half?

Call it what you will Spokane Thunder is about to start all day practices for the next two weeks, and then we start competing.If you really think about it aren't we at a disadvantage? Not having judge feed back, and competing against drum corps who have been at this for abouta month and a half?

That's my view of it.

I see it as a two-edged sword. Yes, they are not being worn out traveling all over, but at the same time they are not getting any feedback from the judges. What happens if, on July 28th, they get bombed by the judges for a bad show concept? There will not be enough time to fix anything, so any previous advantage they had is gone, with no time to repair the damage. Plus, with many new members, the first few shows are always a little overwelming. This is awefully late in the season to be working through first-show jitters. I think the advantages and disadvantages basically wipe each other out.

All in all, I would rather see corps doing a limited tour and surviving financially, then watch them go all out one year and fold the next (i.e., Court of Honor, Magic, etc.,etc.).

I see it as a two-edged sword. Yes, they are not being worn out traveling all over, but at the same time they are not getting any feedback from the judges. What happens if, on July 28th, they get bombed by the judges for a bad show concept? There will not be enough time to fix anything, so any previous advantage they had is gone, with no time to repair the damage. Plus, with many new members, the first few shows are always a little overwelming. This is awefully late in the season to be working through first-show jitters. I think the advantages and disadvantages basically wipe each other out.

All in all, I would rather see corps doing a limited tour and surviving financially, then watch them go all out one year and fold the next (i.e., Court of Honor, Magic, etc.,etc.).

Yes, indeed. We mustn't forget that costs and finances play a big role in the equation.

Who is accusing them of cheating? I said that they're at an advantage for not getting into the game until late July. I just don't see how it's fair to other corps busting their chops all summer. I guess I just don't understand how it's fair in division 1 with another corps either but that's just me. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, I just personally don't think it's fair, is it alright for me to feel that way?

That's my point, had you read what I typed. I asked if anyone was going to...not that anyone did. Not unless you said something earlier that I missed. Because I certainly wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the unbelievable insults thrown at PC for basically the same reason a few years back. Ridiculous nonsensical ######## in my estimation.

But then again...who am I?