Bridgeport Show Thread

Not sure an opera is supposed to "smack you in the face", but after being in a 64 man hornline last year with some dead weight, I'll take my hornline this year that is quality vs quantity. Do we have work to do? Sure, all corps do at this point.

I hope you come to another show some point this season Bucbari, and have a better opinion of ALL the corps marching. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I know I know cabs, only June and I loved Cabs Carmen and I'm sure it will hit me before the end of the year. And I will be at other shows this year and I'm sure that I will have a better opinion of everyone. Mea culpa mea culpa if you thought I was flaming any corps.....lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. I was just pointing out that our production this year is not the 'balls to the wall' production we fielded last year. We were all power and balls last year. This years production calls for finesse and controlled power.

I know we have a great time performing it, and I hope the crowd and our fans love watching it and enjoying it.

Edited by CabsMello03

Hey all,

I love performing at this stadium. It has always been a great crowd to perform in front of this weekend was no exception. It was also nice to meet up with old Corps members that live in the area.. "Get it Mel" Also I met some people from other corps. Of course caught up with some friends from other corps too .. (Jami Jaim )

believe it or not the Parade the next day was not too bad. It was great weather all weekend and Well I think we made our parade alot more fun..

So thanks to Bridgeport and all the fans for coming out . I hope we gave back what they gave to us.

Those drums they use are absolutely ridiculous looking and sounding. But of course, they don't see it or won't hear it.

I'll leave the ridiculas looking part alone for the wedge snares,.................but these drums were a bad experiment several years ago, they do not project worth a crap, even tho they look like they might,.............before the White Sabers hit the competition field a few years back they were doing exhibitions while building the program,................they had them, and got rid of them, because you can't hear them,...............

Hey all,

I love performing at this stadium. It has always been a great crowd to perform in front of this weekend was no exception. It was also nice to meet up with old Corps members that live in the area.. "Get it Mel" Also I met some people from other corps. Of course caught up with some friends from other corps too .. (Jami Jaim )

believe it or not the Parade the next day was not too bad. It was great weather all weekend and Well I think we made our parade alot more fun..

So thanks to Bridgeport and all the fans for coming out . I hope we gave back what they gave to us.

thanks for my hug the other night :D

from what i hear you guys gave a whole lot during the parade. something about over on Park Ave. storming a house party's lawn with music?? :laugh:

the funniest part is the guys throwing the party there didn't understand a thing about drum corps or why their drummer has to keep missing gigs this summer because of it. NOW they get it!!! b**bs ^0^ b**bs

That is by far one of the most fun parades I have ever marched. We stopped and performed more times then I can count. The drummers do the 'charge the crowd' thing at the end of the closer, then Gary said the hornline could do it, too.

We had a BLAST!! Some horn players actually ran the opposite way to unsuspecting spectators on the other side of the street a few times. The fans ate it up and we loved dishing it out.

VIVA LA BRIDGEPORT!!

The kid from Bucs bari line that refused to let the guy break ranks just before retreat, after he very politely asked if he could, was a dick. I giggled like a school girl when he looked at the kid like he was a jerk and went anyway! lolol

I was standing right there, the Bucs player was not rude but quite clear. I was prepared, had the fan pushed through, on emphasizing the point as required.

Not sure an opera is supposed to "smack you in the face", but after being in a 64 man hornline last year with some dead weight, I'll take my hornline this year that is quality vs quantity. Do we have work to do? Sure, all corps do at this point.

I hope you come to another show some point this season Bucbari, and have a better opinion of ALL the corps marching. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Who you callin dead weight?!?