Can you say......

If the crowd votes the same corps as their favorite THREE times/three captions in a row....

Go Crown! Triple Crown Winner of the Hot Chops Award!!

Not this fan's favorite. That goes to either the Cavaliers or Colts, with BK close behind...

Crown's show is OK, but I really don't get the whole love affair woth Crown that's developed over the last few years. I mean, they've had good shows, and solidly around 7th place, but it seems that on this forum each Crown show 05-07 = greatest show in DCI history (exaggeration, I know, but you get the point). I really don't get it, can somebody clue me in?

Edited by Halcyon122

If the crowd votes the same corps as their favorite THREE times/three captions in a row....

Go Crown! Triple Crown Winner of the Hot Chops Award!!

They either are the fan favorite, or their fans just care more about the hotchops award and voted a bunch...theres really no way to tell. Clearly they didnt have the best drumline tonight, but the award is for favorites after all, and not best.

"but the award is for favorites after all, and not best." Which is why the thread title doesn't have the word BEST in it.

I'm not so sure there's a "love affair" with Crown, but maybe fans have enjoyed watching the evolution of a corps that toppled out of the Top 12, re-evaluated it's methods and personnel, and pushed forward....with admirable results. That the aggregate maybe likes the Michael Klesch charts. That Crown gets a little better and more entertaining as they go. Could be one of those reasons.

Edited by 27/soa

They either are the fan favorite, or their fans just care more about the hotchops award and voted a bunch...theres really no way to tell. Clearly they didnt have the best drumline tonight, but the award is for favorites after all, and not best.

So, how do you really judge what "best" means? Clearly the judging community has struggled with this concept for 35+ yrs. The fans finally have a voice and they are saying that they like to be entertained. Crown's show IS entertaining. And if you actually listen, you'll begin to hear a clarity of sound developing within the brass section that has made them a crowd favorite. The percussion section is back in the game this yr. and the color guard is solid for so early in the season. Personally, I'd rather impress and entertain the masses, than a few green shirts. Congrats to Crown on the third Chopsaver award! Triple Crown!

This is the first time in corps history that Crown has broken 80 in June.

Not this fan's favorite. That goes to either the Cavaliers or Colts, with BK close behind...

Crown's show is OK, but I really don't get the whole love affair woth Crown that's developed over the last few years. I mean, they've had good shows, and solidly around 7th place, but it seems that on this forum each Crown show 05-07 = greatest show in DCI history (exaggeration, I know, but you get the point). I really don't get it, can somebody clue me in?

It's easy to answer. Fans GRAVE Corps on the rise, because let's face it, the top Corps are pretty much the same every year. That's why we see such a love affair with Crown right now. Also lots of love for the Troopers, and Blue Stars. Lots of love not too long ago for the Bluecoats...... SCV had more love on here when they were out of the top 5, than in it........we rarely see anyone say " YES, Blue Devils !!....... or YES Cadets !!, and of course we know why as it relates to just what I said. . Everybody seemed to love the early rising Star of Indiana in the late 80's early 90's......until they made it to the top...... there is not much ink for Boston, BK, Glassmen these days because they are performing as expected, no better, no worse....... Phantom most people love, but here again, not as much ink as Crown because Phantom is probably placing out of the top again, but will be NEAR the top, ( about what is exected every year with Phantom, the ETERNAL bridesmaid it seems )..... and the Cavaliers aren't getting as much ink as say Crown becuse their staff knows how to find the few tenths of a point they need every year, and most seasoned folllowers know in the end this year it will be between the Cavs, Cadets, BD

Fans crave surprise movement by rising Corps on the " elites ", and Crown is today's soup ( Corps ) d' Jour that's attempting to do that..

Who will be the favorite Corps many people will be pulling for next year ? Again, easy question to answer. The Madison Scouts.

Edited by X DM

From a barely top 12 drum line last year to crowd favorite line this year- amazing!

Not to burst your bubble, but I think a large part of it is that Crown people are more avid voters...just saying. I mean, ya'll aren't voting because you like the line - you are voting because you love your corps (which is cool).

I mean, I'm glad that Crown is doing better - but let's be honest, this award is somewhere between "Your mom says you rock" and an MTV music award.