Port Huron Lounge

Really? Or is that from the list of corps at the show from dci.org?

They did go on after the cavies this evening but that is not a hinderance. Going on early is really hard on your scores so the later you can go on the better. Cascades dropped tonight becuase they were WAY overscored last night. They deserve to be right where they are.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why it's best to just enjoy the corps' performances and forget about the scores.

In theory yes - that'd be great, but when your favorite corps hasn't had much if any point increases, while others have jumped ten, it can be frustrating.

But as I've stated before. I love the Scouts show, and while I'd love for them to be top six, placement doesn't dictate whether I like a corps or not.

Division I

1 The Cavaliers 82.950

2 Bluecoats 81.700

3 Glassmen 73.700

4 Troopers 68.200

5 Cascades 65.200

Division III

1 Memphis Sound 64.000

In theory yes - that'd be great, but when your favorite corps hasn't had much if any point increases, while others have jumped ten, it can be frustrating.

But as I've stated before. I love the Scouts show, and while I'd love for them to be top six, placement doesn't dictate whether I like a corps or not.

As a fan of the Phantom Regiment, this is the question I've had to ask myself a lot over the years (and it isn't until very recently that the lightbulb has gone off over my head, mind you):

Would I still enjoy this show if it was a 12th place show? Would I enjoy it more if it scored higher?

Luckily, I've never had to answer "yes," because that would mean I was more concerned with what judges thought than what I thought.

I was at the show in Kalamazoo last night. Cascades score of 69 last night was a gift.

And properly corrected tonight. However, I have heard from 3 sources (already) that Cavies sounded tired and sloppy tonight. Thought Coats should have taken them. I wonder if Cavies beat themselves up today after losing to BD last night?

And properly corrected tonight. However, I have heard from 3 sources (already) that Cavies sounded tired and sloppy tonight. Thought Coats should have taken them. I wonder if Cavies beat themselves up today after losing to BD last night?

Haha. Hardly. They were thrilled with last night's performance (and crowd reactions).

As a fan of the Phantom Regiment, this is the question I've had to ask myself a lot over the years (and it isn't until very recently that the lightbulb has gone off over my head, mind you):

Would I still enjoy this show if it was a 12th place show? Would I enjoy it more if it scored higher?

Luckily, I've never had to answer "yes," because that would mean I was more concerned with what judges thought than what I thought.

Actually wouldn't you answer "yes" to your first question, that you'd still like it if they finished 12th?

I absolutely love PR '98. Granted it lacks greatly compared to other PR years, but it's one of my favorite PR shows. I may have wanted it to score higher, but it dosen't factor into whether I like a show or not.

Edited by acn

Haha. Hardly. They were thrilled with last night's performance (and crowd reactions).

I didn't say anything about their performance last night. I agree they were great, and we all cheered for them heavily. I'm just wondering why the reports are coming in that they sounded dead tired tonight?