I like The DelMarVa mini corps

Bay siders

Bay liners

Bay Sound

Edge of the Bay

Bay Riders

Chesapeake Sound

The Chesapeake Connection

Mostly all I can say is, it's about time we got drum corps here in M.D.

I lived here most of my life and it's like a drum corps wasteland.

Nothing, Nada, Zip.

We got nothin'. LOL

The closest drum corps is Reading! That's 3 hours away from me.

I'd like to have the chance to compete some day. Mini corps seems to be my only option.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like The DelMarVa mini corps

Bay siders

Bay liners

Bay Sound

Edge of the Bay

Bay Riders

Chesapeake Sound

The Chesapeake Connection

Mostly all I can say is, it's about time we got drum corps here in M.D.

I lived here most of my life and it's like a drum corps wasteland.

Nothing, Nada, Zip.

We got nothin'. LOL

The closest drum corps is Reading! That's 3 hours away from me.

I'd like to have the chance to compete some day. Mini corps seems to be my only option.

Cindy, I do hope you are talking about competing corps since the Yankee Rebels are and have always been a great drum corps representative of the state of Maryland. You said there was no drum corps in Maryland and that is not the case.

A good mini corps in your area is a great idea, however, if you want to compete sooner rather than later. I remember this topic last year and it's good to hear the mini corps of the eastern shore subject raised again. :)

Robbie

I've been talking to some buds of mine who are coming down to the area, some of whom play brass.

If we can get like, even 10 people together who are really interested in growing an eastern shore minicorps, I think we could have success. Just need to start getting that interested core of folks together at some point. Maybe not this summer, but definitely get something in the works for next.

There are a lot of great names already suggested; I don't think I have any quality ones to add at the time.

Cindy, I do hope you are talking about competing corps since the Yankee Rebels are and have always been a great drum corps representative of the state of Maryland. You said there was no drum corps in Maryland and that is not the case.

This is gonna sound bad, no matter HOW it's said...BUT IT'S GOT TO BE SAID.

There are some of us that CAN NOT march with the YANKEE REBELS.

I know there has been an "image shift" with said organization, BUT I'D HAVE TO KICK MY OWN ### if I marched behind a REBEL FLAG.

Maybe I have serious hang-ups about "states rights" and maybe they differ from OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS on what that flag represents. I DON'T CARE.

I'd LOVE to march with a corps from Maryland...but not that corps.

Go ahead and FLAME AWAY. Tell me about all the changes in the organization. If the flag stays, I STAY AWAY.

And that, my friends, is the end of this message...

I know there has been an "image shift" with said organization, BUT I'D HAVE TO KICK MY OWN ### if I marched behind a REBEL FLAG.

Maybe I have serious hang-ups about "states rights" and maybe they differ from OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS on what that flag represents. I DON'T CARE.

Go ahead and FLAME AWAY. Tell me about all the changes in the organization. If the flag stays, I STAY AWAY.

Your opinion is noted.... let's keep this thing about creating a corps please... and not get OT... thanks very much!!!

man,...................I can certainly see how this could be a divisive issue,...........

Your opinion is noted.... let's keep this thing about creating a corps please... and not get OT... thanks very much!!!

Hey Mike!

It was mentioned that there was an alternative to marching in a mini corps in Maryland. I said "not for everybody"...fitting perfectly WITHIN the topic of CREATING a new corps that EVERYBODY can march with :) .

So, to STAY on topic, when is the next planning meeting for this new "Delmarva Marvelettes" Mini D&B Corps?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist "naming" the corps...

Thank you for your time....

Get well soon Barbara!!!

Gene

Hey Mike!

It was mentioned that there was an alternative to marching in a mini corps in Maryland. I said "not for everybody"...fitting perfectly WITHIN the topic of CREATING a new corps that EVERYBODY can march with :) .

So, to STAY on topic, when is the next planning meeting for this new "Delmarva Marvelettes" Mini D&B Corps?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist "naming" the corps...

Thank you for your time....

Get well soon Barbara!!!

Gene

Well, there hasn't been a meeting of the minds, nor has one been planned yet... I guess it might be time to start thinking of a time and place. This meeting might not happen for awhile with corps season in full swing and marching band starting up in August for HS...

If you are interested in attending this meeting, or are interested in putting yourself into this... please PM me and I'll start a list and then can message everyone either here or by PM. I'd like to know how many people we have that actually serious about doing this!!!

Edited by ErieSopMike