Madison 2007

I was in Mankato and Stillwater this weekend and saw plenty of non uniformed men accompanying them to the field of competition. Some were setting guard equipment, some were schlepping pit equipment, and quite a few came on the field and up into the stands without anything in their hands, just a lanyard around their neck. I don't know which were volunteers and which were staff, but I assume that a vast majority were staff.

That said, after hanging out with some fellow corps members after the show, we headed back to Eden Prairie and passed the Madison convoy on the road.....and noted 4 busses. This is USUALLY broken down as 3 member bussses and a staff bus. I can only assume this is the case for Madison as well.

I'm actually concerned about the corps members. I mean, I have absolutely no idea if the rumor is true (I sure hope it's not) but you know what I mean, right? Dicey situation for the young men in the corps, if something like this were to happen.

This rumor is not true. I've attended recent rehearsals, and I've talked to many of the excellent staff members - instructional and support - that are with the corps. There are also several volunteers with the corps, including the returning food coordinator from last year. The guys are being taken care of. Several other posters have posted eyewitness accounts that corroborate this. I've yet to read an eyewitness, first-hand account on DCP that calls into question the physical well-being of the members.

I do, however, appreciate the concern.

I'm actually concerned about the corps members. I mean, I have absolutely no idea if the rumor is true (I sure hope it's not) but you know what I mean, right? Dicey situation for the young men in the corps, if something like this were to happen.

The rumor is false. I just came from tour with them and there are more staff on tour this year than when I was marching and teaching in the late 80's and early 90's.

The guys eat like they are dining at a country club and during practice I experienced my first ever popsicle break while I have ever been doing drum corps.

I can assure you that the men of Madison are being treated quite well on tour and that the instruction is top notch.

create peace,

Brent

off tour to continue my summer of hockey coaching for my 9 year olds 8 week hockey camp. family comes first, but it was great spending time with my brothers on tour.

Moderators? Close?

If you want to get their attention, you can use the "report" button below each post to report a post you find in bad taste, against the Terms of Service, or whatever.

That sends a PM to all of them so someone can check out whats up.

If you want to get their attention, you can use the "report" button below each post to report a post you find in bad taste, against the Terms of Service, or whatever.

That sends a PM to all of them so someone can check out whats up.

Done. Thanks, Bawker. I'm relatively new to all of this.