BD 2007 Vocals

Typical stuff on DCP. Criticizing before even seeing or in this case, even hearing it.

Bluecoats have narration in their program and nobody has a problem with it and most have heard it. BD is adding a sound effect, some devilish laughter, which was just added, and 95% of the board hasn't heard it at all and is jumping all over the Devs.

Why can't we just love drum corps? :ph34r:

I do love drum corps. I've been loving drum corps for nearly 30 years. I just can't stand ANY amplified voice - from anyone. Do I still like the Blue Devils? - Of course I do - even after the Yowsa Yowsa Yowsa puke fest a couple years ago. Do I like the Cadets? - not really but that's a point of view I developed long before amplification. I'd be delighted to see the Cadets win this year if the show had no narration. My opinion is that it is just distracting, and none of the corps need it to pull off a good show.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes - the puke fest. Such an intelligent way of expressing your opinion.

So does this mean the Blue Devils think that its it mandatory to appease the judges with some amplified voice?

Is it?

Is DCI pushing the notions that you need voice to win, kind of like they did with amps in the pit?

Will all the corps that want a shot at the title have to add voice to keep their GE score up?

So does this mean the Blue Devils think that its it mandatory to appease the judges with some amplified voice?

Is it?

Is DCI pushing the notions that you need voice to win, kind of like they did with amps in the pit?

Will all the corps that want a shot at the title have to add voice to keep their GE score up?

No, this means that the Blue Devils think it will be a nice effect in their show. Amplified voice is a perfectly legitimate design element and Blue Devils should not have their integrity questioned for using it.

I think that the space chords part of the show is already terrible. It's too long...does nothing really interesting visually or anything for me. I'm not sure that any kind of vocals would fix this part, but it's worth a try. I'd like to see them cut it in half, and POSSIBLY, do something interesting drill wise.

That may be too much to ask though from the Concord team... their show puts me to sleep this year.

IMO

Is it?

This will be the third straight year that BD has used amped vocals, so I find it hard to believe that this addition indicates any kind of competitive pressure. After all, Cavaliers and Phantom have finished higher than Blue Devils at finals the last two years without any vocals in their shows. And then there's 2005, BD's most extensive use of vocals and also their lowest placement in over a decade.

Funny how people get so doom and gloom about "you need vocals to win", when each year you can count on one hand the number of corps to use amped vocals in their show.

Ah yes - the puke fest. Such an intelligent way of expressing your opinion.

Well, at least I express an opinion other than "I wuv those Cadets! The Cadets are Gweat!"

I'm sorry you've closed your mind off to new experiences.

No, I've closed my mind to things I find annoying. Most people do that - we just have different things that annoy us.

No, this means that the Blue Devils think it will be a nice effect in their show. Amplified voice is a perfectly legitimate design element and Blue Devils should not have their integrity questioned for using it.

not questioning the blue devils integrity and really don't even know where you got that?

As I don’t understand how using a legitimate designed element to boost their scores would display a lack of integrity?

Unless, in your judgment, people that use this legitimate design element lacked integrity? which would explain the nature of a lot of your posts

not questioning the blue devils integrity and really don't even know where you got that?

As I don’t understand how using a legitimate designed element to boost their scores would display a lack of integrity?

Unless, in your judgment, people that use this legitimate design element lacked integrity? which would explain the nature of a lot of your posts

Oh, please. You suggested that they caved in to the judges and the so-called pressure to use amplified voice. In other words that they did not want to do this but were forced to. That suggests a lack of integrity.