DCI Riverside

Hey everyone, I've been in marching band for six years now, and I'd never experienced drum corps until a couple weeks ago at the DCI Riverside show. I write for Halftime Magazine, so we got press passes to cover the event, and I have to say it was amazing. I'm trying to see if I can change my flight home to Seattle so I can find a way to be there for the finals in Pasadena... Anyway, I wrote an article about my experience, which you can read here:

http://halftimemag.com/articles/web-exclus...ps-groupie.html

Also, make sure to check out www.halftimemag.com. The first issue comes out in July, but my editor always loves getting story ideas and suggestions.

Edited by edmeister76

Welcome aboard my friend. And yes, stay for finals if you can.

BTW the link above didn't work. this one should

http://halftimemag.com/articles/web-exclus...ps-groupie.html

Why is there no mention of the the other corps that were at this show.

What....you're surprised??? After 2 shows in the last 2 years where SCD had to fight to even get acknowledged???

Seems he was in the lot and missed everyone but the Div I corps....nice article, but kinda a disservice to the other corps on the field....maybe next time.

yeah sorry guys, this wasn't meant to be an all-inclusive article. i got a chance to see part of the first couple groups, but then we went to the parking lot to meet up with some friends and watch warmups. we got back just in time for Mandarins to play.

.nice article, but kinda a disservice to the other corps on the field....maybe next time.

Personally, I'd like to say 'GREAT JOB' to Eddie... he wrote things as he saw them, and, since he was being led around by someone else, had no clue what might be going on inside the stadium while he was outside watching warm-ups. Let's just encourage him to learn even MORE about drum corps, and perhaps he will make a point to focus on the Div II, III or senior corps out there... I thoroughly enjoyed the article, and passed it on to our SCV yahoo parent groups!

Why is there no mention of the the other corps that were at this show.

This isn't a show review, it's an article about an introduction to the drum corps world. Very well done. ^OO^

This isn't a show review, it's an article about an introduction to the drum corps world. Very well done. ^OO^

I understand that it is an introduction to Drum Corps. But there is more to the Drum Corps world then the 3 corps that he mentions in the article.

I understand that it is an introduction to Drum Corps. But there is more to the Drum Corps world then the 3 corps that he mentions in the article.

You're right, but it isn't an introduction to drum corps; it's an article about his personal introduction to it.