What happened to Magic of Mobile?

It almost seems like that old "told ya so" story for another small corps, their website is down and has been for some time & it appears they must have dropped out of the running for DCI approval to become a competitive ensemble.

Sad, another group folds before they ever get off the ground :smile:

That is old news now, they shut down last month.

Magic of Mobile is in the process of reoragnizing and restructuring. We have not closed up shop. There were mistakes and inaccuracies within the organization and we are making process on rebuiliding and making sure that we dont put the cart be fore the horse. We are not dead. We just decided to make sure that Magic of Mobile will be a stable organization before we move forward and put future members in the mix.

Magic of Mobile is in the process of reoragnizing and restructuring. We have not closed up shop. There were mistakes and inaccuracies within the organization and we are making process on rebuiliding and making sure that we dont put the cart be fore the horse. We are not dead. We just decided to make sure that Magic of Mobile will be a stable organization before we move forward and put future members in the mix.

If we can ask, as people on here might be able to assist in helping fix the mistakes and inaccuracies, what happened and went wrong? It seemed like this was going to be a great group right off the bat with the staff, and now not even a website.

Was it money, paperwork, equipment?

my understanding is that promises were made to staff members and the org even lacked an understanding of the entire 501©3 process. It was, to my understanding, a total cart before the horse and some deceptive practices among some of the leaders of this effort.

Here's a short rule for all of life...and it is even applicable to drum corps...

Don't make promises you have no intention of keeping.

I understand the previous reasons and speculation that has popped up from this corps, including the lack of 501©3 and funding. But I think is a good chance to open the doors and let people help you if you, obviously, need help starting a corps.

I am just asking the John Dunnam, the corps director, to clear up all the rumors.

The things that went on in the organization of Magic of Mobile does not need to be discussed on a Public Forum. Magic of Mobile is already going to have enough of a hard time trying to rebuild after everything that happened. If you want to speak with me reguarding what happened feel free to contact me.