We'll have to "Duke" this one out............at the Outerbridge

Edited by Fossil50

>>at the Outerbridge<<

Yes ... there is a certain SI connection ... and I don't mean Sports Illustrated ...

:-)

The Outerbridge Crossing connects this guys hometown with the home of his corps.

Oooh Oooh... It's John Wayne...

OK maybe not, but something in that description reminded me of the Duke!

We'll have to "Duke" this one out............at the Outerbridge

I always thought "The Outerbridge Crossing" was so named because it was the bridge furthest from say Brooklyn, making it "the Outer Bridge" until one day I had ridden my motorcycle from Philly and stopped errr adjust my gear when I got to the bridge and here was a plaque saying the bridge was dedicated to some guy named "Bob Outerbridge"... How weird.

Next I'll find out the Brooklyn Bridge is named after Brooklyn Decker or somebody.

Just don't tell me there's some politician named "59th Street" that they named a bridge after...

I'm just trying to connect the dots here...

Mob + Jersey = Boardwalk Empire

That, plus Northeastern Circuit...equals????

Wait! It must be the Atlantic City Amboys!

I fear this is not working as well as it might, and I am less Poirot than I am Clouseau, mes amis. N'est pas?

• Like 1

>>

I'm just trying to connect the dots here...

Mob + Jersey = Boardwalk Empire

That, plus Northeastern Circuit...equals????

Wait! It must be the Atlantic City Amboys!

I fear this is not working as well as it might, and I am less Poirot than I am Clouseau, mes amis. N'est pas?

<<

Well ... at least ya get the Amboy part right Duke

Mon Dieu! But of course, the Dukes, the southernmost of the Northeastern Circuit corps!

They landed at the top of that Agawam heap a couple of times, if I am not mistaken, no?

But the drummer...who is he, and what is he plotting between those pata-fla-flas?

Mon Dieu! But of course, the Dukes, the southernmost of the Northeastern Circuit corps!

They landed at the top of that Agawam heap a couple of times, if I am not mistaken, no?

But the drummer...who is he, and what is he plotting between those pata-fla-flas?

I don't think the won, but were consistently 2nd or 3rd from 59-62 ... along with Carver, Springfield and Shelton ...

Their biggest "almost" upset though happened t the 62 AL States where they bested Los Cabs in most captions ... ahhhh ... the trickery of the 60's ....

ps - the southernmost of the NE Circuit corps was the Jersey Devils from Bordentown

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1