Congratulations To The Reading Buccaneers & To Rest Of The DCA Com

CABADM

Good Day All.

Going to say this right off the bat. This is From Me Chris Fontanelle ..Who just happens to be a Caballero. I am not speaking for Caballeros. Ok cool ..

I want to Congratulate all my friends with the Reading Buccaneers On Their Championship win and to a great Competing season.

Both Corps have friends on either side. We knew this was going to be a crazy ride. We knew that neither Side were going to lay down. We did not want them to and I don't think they wanted us to either. So that whom ever won could say we did it when they were at their best.

Heck we also did not know if it would be one of Us MBI Is always a contender too.

So again Congratulations to all my friends there and to those that I don't even know there.

To Mr Gruber Congratulations to you for helping this Corps come out of their Dark times to almost maybe no longer existing, to what they are now. I am sure they have made you proud. Best wishes on your retirement.

To the rest of the Corps in DCA congratulations on your season. You are all winners too.

Not taking away from Reading's Championship.. Yes They are the WINNERS of the DCA CHAMPIONSHIP

But you are winners also because each and ever year, each corps sets goals for themselves to help them progress and some day be able to obtain a Championship.

Our Goal was to go out there and put on a show that will Entertain and Make people talk about it for years to come. Then let the Chips fall as they may with the Judging community. I think We did that. No I am sorry I know we did that.. Does it hurt that we did not win Championship yes it does, but it is what you do after that matters. I can tell you this. Back at our hotel. We still celebrated because we Reach our MAIN Goal.. This season has made this Corps Stronger.

I know Several other corps reached some of their Goals. One example Fusion Highest score and a Caption win First Time ever. WINNER.. I am sure that made that corps stronger.

After all isn't that what this is all about.

Yes on social media you saw some members from Corps saying something. But we are not machines, we are humans with emotions who sometimes at that moment let that get the best of them and they press send. Must of us have been there. No matter if its in Drum Corps or some other competitive activity with Judging. I am sure back in the day if social media was around we would have seen it then too. Hell back then you heard about it even though it was months later.. by word of mouth so.

With that said Congratulations to all the fans I think you all got to see a very Great DCA season with a lot of entertaining corps.

Special thanks to all of our alumni and our Fans .. Your support through the summer has been great we hope to make you proud again next year ..

In closing I want to thank the Other DM's this year.. We always have fun with the little time we get to see each other before going out to awards. Brian Congrats on your Best DM award.

Now I am off To wildwood to relax and then Back at it getting ready for 2015..

See you all then..

For more Information about Joining Hawthorne Caballeros go to Cabs.org. (what to soon ? Never)

Tom Moore I better see you some place when I am recruiting this year. Matt Steppe see you soon. I am sure.

Edited by CABADM
  • Like 9

Thank you, Chris. You are a class act and I can say without reservation that the friendships I have formed across corps with folks like you are one of the things I look forward to year after year and keep me coming back.

It was great to see our corps pushing each other to excel. They are all winners for the growth and experience and we gave fans a helluva season of outstanding drum corps.

I will definitely see you this fall and will look forward to our usual banter.

• Like 2

Well-said, Chris!!! See you next year!!!

• Like 1

One thing I was very happy to hear announced was that Little Louie Tierno is taking up an interim post with DCA.

His dad Lou would be very proud, in fact I'm sure he is.

Lotta good people came out of that post in Upper Darby.

• Like 1

Random thoughts...

Thank you, Chris! As an alumni of Minnesota Brass I just have to commend the Cabs for their spectacular climb back to the top echelon of corps, where they deserve to be! I wish MBI could compete regularly with you guys, the Bucs, Fusion, CV, Gold etc. But geography is an expensive thing.

DCA and the entire all-age activity is strong because of corps like the Caballeros & Buccaneers (and the other great stalwarts like the Hurricanes and Skyliners). As a former member of a somewhat "outsider" corps, I hope people understand that Minnesota Brass always strives to perform at the highest level they can attain. And because of that, MBI sometimes comes in and rocks the boat among the eastern corps. They are often the wild card in the scheme of things. As such, MBI can upset the final order. But that's because Minnesota Brass Inc. subscribes to the same philosophy of excellence that the Buccaneers, Caballeros. Fusion Core, C2, CV and the rest of the DCA corps do. And MBI is very good at it.

I just hope that the members of the Caballeros do not view this season or the results of finals as a failure, or the product of collusion or conspiracy. The verdict of the judges is beyond any corps' control. What is within our control is our own performance. The audiences know that. And memories are often stronger than statistics.

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 2