some old corps photos

Hi Linda!

Funny thing about repertoires. The one I have for '73 Princemen is basically a combination of what you have listed. Did the corps change the music at any time during the season? I don't have a recording from that year, so I'm not positive what it was.

Hi Brian!

I ordered 73 and 75 Princemen from DCW. I'll let you know what we played in Butler in 1973 in 6 weeks. Will be checking the mailbox daily in May. Hope Something is on the CD ;)

• 1 month later...

I got snail mail today (hooray) and listened to all 6 corps from my new 1973 CD. It was recorded in Butler PA August 8 1973 (August 7 most likely). On that day, Seneca Princemen's repertoire was
Man of La Mancha, Mercy Mercy Mercy, Slaughter on 10th Avenue, a medley of Auld Lang Syne, Amazing Grace and Land of Hope and Glory (which replaced the early season Beatles medley), Sing Sing Sing?, a drum solo into Day by Day. We didn't make finals but we sat in the stands the next day. What a treat to see SCV and YPG!

A promo photo published in 1973. Me in the middle amongst drum corps friends. Thanks for sending the CDs. I now have audio of Seneca Princemen 1973, 1974, 1975. Happy :)

73-promo3-a-50_zps1e98cb59.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can you ID the corps in the photo for us?

Incidentally, you have the best posture and horn angle in the group.

The photo collage may be 1973 or earlier. From the top left and clockwise are De La Salle Oaklands, Cadets LaSalle, Etobicoke Crusaders, St. John's Girls (with good posture), Seneca Princemen or Scarborough Firefighters, Guelph Opti-Knights or Peterborough Krescendos and the photo in the middle is 1972 Seneca Princemen. Our flags were colours of the rainbow early in the 1972 season. In the centre of the middle photo, on the 55 year line, is a tiny, little drum major. 1972 was first of 4 years as DM for this fine corps. Good memories; good times :)

The corps on the far right looks like they are wearing uniforms very similar to those worn by Phantom Regiment through the 1974 season....they even have the chevron on the shoulder.

The truth is out there ;) http://www.optimists-alumni.org/etobicoke_crusaders.htm

edit: to be clear, the quote is from The X Files :D

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cavaliers 1988. Goshen, IN

sc0056874f_2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Comment deleted ~

Edited by LancerLegend

• 3 weeks later...

Cavaliers 1988. Goshen, IN

sc0056874f_2.jpg

Do you have any others of Cavies that year? I marched there that year (and '89) and have so few pictures of either of those years!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1