Do You "Spin" or "Twirl"

jojo

I 'spin' baby..... B) I'm to old to twirl.

sending a 'hi' to jojo!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You spin a flag.

Wimpy girls is sparkly "bathing suit" costumes twirl a tiny little baton with rubber ends so they won't hurt themselves. (sorry, I hear it already)

Mean, strong, and talented women spin and toss rifles that have sharp metal ends on them and are capable of smashing bones of an untrained "twirler" trying to manipulate the most deadly of all equipment.

That doesn't sound too biased, does it???? :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin:

OMG, this made me laugh so hard !!!! In my original post I said I wasn't going to tell you what my preference was BUT this is IT word for word. I couldn't have written it better myself.

Vintage Rifle --- YOU GO GIRL!!!

'practice' and 'rehearse'

I hear people using the word 'rehearse' when there's nothing to rehearse. The show has not been written , etc. In that case, you just practice. Just something that bugs me...

:huh:

I say that all the time so I'll tell you where I got it ... Scott Pearson 1973 ... practice is what YOU do at home ... rehearsal is what WE do here as a group

The first thing I teach my guard is we SPIN!!!  Majorettes twirl. (and complain, and whine.....can you tell I don't like them??? :P )

b**bs

Gosh, ain't THAT the truth!

That's part of the reason why I stopped teaching guard...whining and complaining. They wanted to win, but not put forth the effort to rehearse TO win!

I, though not a color guard type, am a "spin" fan!

Though not in an F-14!

But if anyone here gets into a Tomcat flat spin, here's what ya do:

Stick forward,

Neutral Lateral,

Harness Locked

Rudder opposite turn needle

If no recovery, stick into turn needle

If recovery indicated,

neutralize controls,

recover at 17 units Angle of Attack

If no recovery and passing through 10,000 feet Above Ground Level (AGL)

Eject canopy

Eject, eject, eject!

Not bad and from memory no less (I'm at work now and don't have my NATOPS pubs available anymore)! So now if anyone here is caught in a spin in a Tomcat - you now know what to do!

b**bs

I, though not a color guard type, am a "spin" fan!

Though not in an F-14!

Here's my reaction to spinning in an F-14 Tomcat ("Anytime, Baby!")

ampssuck

"Mav, this is not good! This is not good!"

'Top Gun'

'practice' and 'rehearse'

I hear people using the word 'rehearse' when there's nothing to rehearse. The show has not been written , etc. In that case, you just practice. Just something that bugs me...

:huh:

I say that all the time so I'll tell you where I got it ... Scott Pearson 1973 ... practice is what YOU do at home ... rehearsal is what WE do here as a group

1973? I remember him saying that this past summer.

Wimpy girls is sparkly "bathing suit" costumes twirl a tiny little baton with rubber ends so they won't hurt themselves. (sorry, I hear it already)

Mean, strong, and talented women spin and toss rifles that have sharp metal ends on them and are capable of smashing bones of an untrained "twirler" trying to manipulate the most deadly of all equipment.

So what do the men in the color guard do? ^_^

I would say if not handled properly, it could cause some damage to your body parts......gloves are a must when catching those babies.....so I've been told.

The blades look flimsier and much narrower than what you see most guards using.

Anyone out there familar with these, please chime in.

Um, well, I'm using those sabres this summer. If gloves are a must, then somebody should tell my instructor :) They hurt, no question about it. I've spun both the white coated ones and the spanish ones. The spanish ones hurt a lot more, but they're weighted much better and therefore easier to spin. btw, they may look flimsy, but solid metal, no matter how thin, is far from flimsy.