Color Guards

boxingfred

I'm a Color Guard Vet. I used to watch: Holy Hawks , NY Royal Guardsman, State Street, etc,, Back in the day.

I was a loyal fan of Color Guard for a long time. But, Guard started to get more esoteric and frankly boring. So I stopped going for awhile.

I'm thinking about ordering The WGI Championships on Fan Network next week.

I have not seen any Color Guard shows this year.

I went to the Western Championships in San Diego last year and only got one chill. (Santa Clara)

Two Questions.

Are the color guard shows as boring this year as they were last year?

And

Should I bother Buying The WGI Championship on Fan Network?

I'm a Color Guard Vet. I used to watch: Holy Hawks , NY Royal Guardsman, State Street, etc,, Back in the day.

I was a loyal fan of Color Guard for a long time. But, Guard started to get more esoteric and frankly boring. So I stopped going for awhile.

I'm thinking about ordering The WGI Championships on Fan Network next week.

I have not seen any Color Guard shows this year.

I went to the Western Championships in San Diego last year and only got one chill. (Santa Clara)

Two Questions.

Are the color guard shows as boring this year as they were last year?

And

Should I bother Buying The WGI Championship on Fan Network?

colorguard is a subjective activity ..( as its always been)...I dont think anyone can truly answer this for you...if youre looking for the good ole days..that's not gonna happen....but then again the world isnt the same either.

colorguard is a subjective activity ..( as its always been)...I dont think anyone can truly answer this for you...if youre looking for the good ole days..that's not gonna happen....but then again the world isnt the same either.

the good old days have long past.... (i'm old school as well)

the shows in my opinion are the same as last year..... there are a few outstanding programs!! If you do purchase fan network - watch Trubull HS - you will REALLY enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong. I love modern Color Guard just like I enjoy modern Drum Corp. It just seems to me Guard staffs are more concerned with emoting deep meaningful story lines instead of tossing, dancing and Wowing a crowd.

I think joey joe joe jr answered my question.

Thanks!

Not all staffs but most!!! It's people trying to solve the worlds problems in like 4-6.5minutes. The biggest dissappointment is that World Guards have lost the most excitement. Not all but some. The Big chills as you say have gone away, because mostly guards that have done that recently don't place as high as they should. The fact is WGI makes people walk away scratching their heads. There are a lot of shows that are still exciting if I were you I would watch Independant open. Last year at semi-finals I had a lot of chills!!!